• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch lift

93xjowner

NAXJA Forum User
Iam getting a 2 inch rubicon budget lift , looks pretty straight forward install, anything i should watch out for?. Also would like to thank all you guys on here for helping me out in the past great site give yourselves a big high five!!!. thks dan

Watch out for the rear shock bolts if your XJ is rusty. Mine were fine, but mine's a Washington car.

Also, get yourself a decent set of spring compressors if you want to avoid the hassle of unbolting the control arms. Vatozone has a nice set for ≈$30 that are a lot nicer and less sketchy than the cheapos I was used to.

Use a flare nut wrench on the rear brake line. You do NOT want that to strip.

Remember to take some pics when it's done, and good luck! You'll love it.

i can get 3" coils in, easily without the compressors. the compressors scare a lot of people, and i understand why! down the road when you run 5.5" coils, you wont have a choice, but with sub 3" coils , you have the choice! stockers come off waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easy.

remove wheels and disconnect the trackbar, shocks, and swaybar. with the jeeps body up on jackstands, you should have enough room to lift one side of the axle up, drooping the other down far enough to sneak the coil in. watch out for brakelines!
the more lift in the coils, the harder it can be, but with your setup, it should be cake!

if you ever strip a brake line flare nut... use a pair of vice grips, the flare nut is soft, and the aggressive jaws of the vice grips bite right in! but yeah, use the right size wrench to get a nice and snug fit at the very least!

ya x2 on not needing a compressor. I didn't need any until i added a 2" spacer to my 4.5" coils. And i used ratcheting straps to get the job done.

x2 on vise grips with the lines. Works everytime

I've got 2" of lift, budget boost, use stock length shocks. I made the mistake of buying some longer ones for the front, now when it bottoms out it's hard down on the shocks. Gotta do something about that one of these days....

I've got 2" of lift, budget boost, use stock length shocks. I made the mistake of buying some longer ones for the front, now when it bottoms out it's hard down on the shocks. Gotta do something about that one of these days....

Solution: 3" lift haha

Yeah, no point in longer shocks IMO. Articulation looks cool, but if a tire is drooping that much it's not gonna have much traction I think.

Yeah, no point in longer shocks IMO. Articulation looks cool, but if a tire is drooping that much it's not gonna have much traction I think.

I'd agree that for street use, stock shocks should be just fine. If the jeep is being flexed out a lot, you will ruin the shocks before very long, since they will be getting frequently fully extended. Its better to run the stock shocks than shocks that are too long though.

I'd agree that for street use, stock shocks should be just fine. If the jeep is being flexed out a lot, you will ruin the shocks before very long, since they will be getting frequently fully extended. Its better to run the stock shocks than shocks that are too long though.

How much travel do you have before they bottom out?

Back