• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine moving foward when "gettin after it"?

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
i've noticed when i'm driving my xj, when i get on it prety hard from a stop, or romp on it hard when off roading, my fan clutch hits the rad support bar. (little round rod that goes from the top to the bottom of the rad) i replaced my alternator yesterday and noticed its starting to dent the core tubes. is there like a torque strap or different mount that i can install to limit/stop the engine movement when doing this? on the road i stop driving like this, but on the trail, sometimes its unavoidable. thanks for the help. btw, i'm running the zj fan clutch which is thicker, but hasnt given me problems before.

Probably just the massive amount of torque and power the engine is putting out is causing it to move forward through space-time faster than the body/frame of the vehicle. Check the Flux Capacitor and turn it down a small amount. If that doesn't fix it I guess you could check the motor mounts.

Engine mounts--don't forget to check the bolts that hold the brackets to the block, the mounts, and a good time to check the trans mount too.

Back