• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re arching XJ leaf packs

65airdale

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the board and didn't find the answer I was looking for. A local spring shop quoted me at $40.00 a pack to rearch my leafs. I'm looking to gain 3 to 4". I have 2 sets of packs. The one's on my 95, and donor's from an 88. Neither have sagged much. Should I just rearch the one's on my 95 XJ, or add a leaf from the donor pack and then rearch? Has anyone done this set up or something similiar. If so where can I find the measurements or an example of the leaf arch that I can take to the spring shop? I definitely want to take advantage of this deal, cuz I can't touch a set of s-10 leafs here in Puerto Rico for under $150.00!! And the shipping of new packs here would be more than the packs themselves. Thanks Guys!!!!

When I was building up my '97 several years ago, I spliced together 2 sets of XJ springs for a total of 6 leaves on each side, adding the two middle leaves from one pack to the other with the ends trimmed down a couple inches. I then had it re-arched. When I picked it up from the shop it sat at least 6" and eventually settled to around 4-4.5" and worked fine for me on 31's with stock shackles. As a matter of fact, those springs have now been on Scarface's '96 for a few years with lift shackles clearing 33's, you can PM him and see how he likes them.

Lawn Cher' thanx for the info. When you took your leaves in to get them re-arched did you have provide any info to the spring shop, or just tell them how much lift you were looking for?

I re-arched my springs on an old CJ-5 I had years ago. Was able to run 35's after that. It's not as good as a new spring pack, but I would go that route before I would do the add a leaf. IMO

Back