• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driving renix without tps input...,?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever tried this? long story made short: both tps screws broke off in the tb. i got the stumps out, but now have no way to keep the tps bolted in place. digging around, i cannot find any proper size screws in all my random hardware. i have to drive this thing to work tomorrow am, and leave before anything is open. before i try to put this all back together, will it run and drive with no input from the tps? i'll likely try anyway, as i really have no other option.
this would only happen at 10 on a wednesday night...

and the answer is: it will run decently, but with a slight off-idle stumble and slight loss of power. good enough to get me to a hardware store tomorrow at lunch.

Might shift a bit funny too if automatic.

Glad it worked out.

This is why I stick all the nuts and bolts and screws I remove on my junkyard trips into my pocket and keep them around in a bucket. Had important bolts break before, and had to pull the baling wire/duct tape/zip-ties tricks and hope for the best...

i do that too, most of the time. i did have several sets of HO tps screws, but they're 5mmx.80. while the renix were 8-32 machine screws. i can't believe i didn't have any 1" long 8-32's. geez-us....

Well, glad you got it.

Looking at your sig I would have thought you had a 98, but its a Renix by your last post.

Always best to state what you are working on for the best info.

Back