• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ banks header + '99 intake manifold swap. Fitment issues?

hxcjohnny

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ. i bought it with a banks header already installed. The problem is the header is cracked, so I'm going to be replacing it. the previous owner already got the new banks header under warranty, so I'll be using it. my question is, while I've got everything taken apart, I'd like to install a 99+ intake manifold. Will I run into any fitment issues with the combination of a 98 header and a 99 intake manifold? I'd hate to tear everything apart and find out the hard way.

97 XJ with Banks header and 99 intake here... no problems at all.

Quick and dirty check- put your gasket on a flat surface, and set the manifolds up on it, lining up the ports/hardware locations. #6 primary/runner is the usual spot for any contact.

I have done a 99+ intake swap/APN header and both fit together without any problems and have given better fuel mileage and more power.
However... when I did this I also had an oversized TB, K&N fipk, firepower ignition kit, and borla catback.

Beakie, did you notice any gains swapping to the 99 manifold?

nothing comes to mind 5 years later... so I would guess if anything it was minimal. peace of mind, self satisfaction, and realizing I wasted $$ paying a mechanic to install the Banks 3 months before.

really if you have it, why not install it, if nothing else you can tell people you have a 99 intake installed and they will stare in awe at your coolness... but if your looking for huge gains, drink lots of protein!!

Back