• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'Holiday' party/banquet feeler

When/how should this event take place?

• Per head event, BEFORE Jan 1

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Potluck, BEFORE Jan 1

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Per head event, AFTER Jan 1

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Potluck, AFTER Jan 1

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Those seriously interested in coming, please vote. Others please refrain so we can get as accurate a count as possible. :)

What we're looking at is organizing a gathering, 'banquet' (if you will), for the NWC Members. This will be an official gathering with a meeting time allocated. By-Laws apply to that (non-members are restricted from voting, etc). Geographically we'd hold this in/around Chehalis/Centralia so as many people can come as possible!

Large aspect of this would be to hold a fundraiser for local charities via auction, raffle, donation, toy/food drive, etc. Options include Northwest Harvest, Children's Orthopedic, Toys for Tots, Habitat for Humanity, or Union Gospel Mission. Discussing the NWC Treasury matching dollar donations to a certain amount. :)

The big question is, 'When should we have this?' Another thing that comes up is, "How should we hold this thing?" Keep in mind this is a 'feeler', so we're not picking an exact date yet, nor are we asking for numbers at this time.

Ok, options here...

1) One is to have it before or after the traditional "Christmas" holiday (Dec 25th), but BEFORE the New Year. Event would be 'per head' and tickets involved to reserve a place for us. Dinner and some beverages provided. Rooms nearby for folks traveling a good distance away.

2) Another option would be the same timeframe, but instead of a 'per head' we'd reserve a conference room or hall and make it a potluck. That way those of us who like to cook can show off a bit. :)

3) Same as option 1, but held AFTER the New Year. Still a 'per head' event, but designed to be a 'wind down' from the Holiday season.

4) Similar to option 2, but held AFTER the New Year. Potluck designed to be a winding down from the Holidays.

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
I think it is a good idea. I agree with the Centralia area as it's freeway traveling for those that travel the farthest. I like the per head, cause to do a potluck type thing for people traveling much of a distance is a real pain. But it would be good for people to get to meet & greet and chew the fat. Could get some organizing done for the upcoming spring/summer too. :)

sams88 said:
But it would be good for people to get to meet & greet and chew the fat. Could get some organizing done for the upcoming spring/summer too. :)

Mmm, pork fat. :D

Yeah, I've got a 'big' event planned for Spring which I'll announce there. No prying, it's got a lot of planning involved which I'm working on. ;)

We are up for any of the timing (before or after) but as Dawn mentioned earlier, After would be easier to make work.

Once it get's nailed down, let us know if there is anything you want us to help do to distribute the load.

Michael

ECKSJAY said:
Mmm, pork fat. :D :puke:

Yeah, I've got a 'big' event planned for Spring which I'll announce there. No prying, it's got a lot of planning involved which I'm working on. ;)

Yeah but can you pull of the pyrotechnics and the really cool EXPLOSION this time ? :D

Are we getting close to closing in on a date for this??

Weekends are filling up FAST!!

Michael

Poll is closed. I'll have something up ASAP about the possible dates after the first of the year. By a very slim majority, it looks like we're going to have a 'per head' event. I'll do some quick research based on the number of responses and work out some numbers with Sniggs to see what we can get going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back