• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start

kehoe7187

NAXJA Forum User
so my budie replaced his head gasket and now the dam thing wont start i was over there the last 2 nights trying to diag it and we are haveing the worst luck here is whats been looked at

1) CPS sensor tests good on bolth sides of the plug ontop of the motor harness side and actual part side ohms were within spec

2) getting spark and good spark but even with starter fluid is not bumping the motor over which is worrying me

3) fuel pressure in the rail is great and even while it is getting cranked over its all within factory spec

4) though i had it fixed when i had to pull all his spark plug whires casue it was all wrong replaced now in the correct order

im thinking it could be a timeing issue but nothing on the timeing was touched "acording to him" when the head was pulled

only other thing i can think of is the valves are not operating properly but the guy we took it to has most emacualte reputation "Roseville machine" and has done multiple of my raceing heads flawlessly

any input is appreciated

Fuel, air, compression, spark, all at the right time and place = Joy.

Start simple. Bring cylinder no. 1 to TDC on the COMPRESSION stroke, check the position of the rotor in relation to no. 1 on the distributor cap.

Report back what you find.

PS--ground strap at the back of the head--clean, tight?

I'm having the same issue after replacing the head gasket. Did you find out the issue yet? I'm gunna check that ground on the back head bolt.

To know you are on #1 compression stroke, you need to pull the plug and feel the air rush out at the plug hole with your finger. This will prove that the valves are working (pushrods in place, etc.) and also let you know when the rotor should be pointing at #1 distributor cap tower.

Back