• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar factory stroker questions

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody work for a dealer that can come up with the number for the recently released Mopar stroker? Can we get a parts list for the roller cam and related stuff?

Anybody know if they modified the block to handle the rollers?

Anybody have any info on the grind on the cam?

I'd be willing to bet that if someone with access to the latest MOPAR parts catalogs takes a look, there is a MOPAR part number for the cam and thus it is orderable. I know there are at least a few dealer parts counter guys on here... hope one of them feels like taking a look. I believe this is what Tom is hoping for.

Its an option. The site above, http://www.moparproshop.com/jeep_engines, shows 3 different options for each year range: 1) flat tappet ($6669), 2) partial roller($6169), 3) full roller($6669). Prices are for the 91-98 engine. It doesn't specify what "partial roller" is. It could be either a roller cam or just roller rockers.... However, judging from the price difference the partial roller is the roller cam and lifters, while the full roller adds the roller lifters as well.

Also, the site says that the roller version is
Offered as a Mopar performance part exclusively sold by MPS.
MPS being the website. MPS was also the company I contact trying to see if I could buy the roller cam separately, and they said no.

Plus it must be a "superawesomespecial" cam grind-not available seperate---sounds like a Bill Gates deal to me---designed to fail and can only get stuff from them----no thanks...........I won't be investing in this company very soon.............................

This engine was the topic of discussion between myself and friend that is a dealership mechanic and also works in the parts dept.
This engine is built by ATK and is far cheaper (save about $1500) and comes with a warranty when purchased directly thru ATK. The engine sold by the dealership "Mopar Performance" DOES NOT come with a warranty and is very pricey....

Maybe it comes with a Mopar Performance sticker, that would make it worth nearly $7000, right?

for that price you could have a blown 4.7L if you had the engine built locally.

Back