• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water leak inside.....

McJesse

NAXJA Forum User
I think i need to get a new heater core but not sure. its coming from under the pass. side underneith the dash. or it could just be a new the front window.

i think it comes in threw either the window or somewhere in the firewall then it sits on top of the water pump or some flat spot up in there and then whenever i turn a corner sharp it just pours out water.

But it only pour out water if i turn a corner,go down a very steep hill, or stop hard.
any ideas???:dunno:
progress.gif

Does it smell like Anti-freeze? Windows fogging up? If so, your heater core is shot. You can bypass by looping heater hose for now. It should be summertime in the next couple of months. You don't need heat. :sunshine:

No odor? Seal is probably bad around the windshield.

Mine was a water leak from the failing gasket around the blower motor. I just applied very generous amounts of silicone and reinstalled it, no issues since.

No no smell to it and the windows don't fog up.... so you guys are thinking that it's either the Seal is bad around the windshield, or from the failing gasket around the blower motor?

No no smell to it and the windows don't fog up.... so you guys are thinking that it's either the Seal is bad around the windshield, or from the failing gasket around the blower motor?

Yes

Other things to check..... Mine had pin holes from rust in the floor boards. Everytime I drove in the rain, my carpet would get soaked. Eventually musty.
Also, if you have vent windows in the doors, those seals can leak too like mine. I just patched up the floor, herculined it and drilled plug holes to drain it when it leaks.

alright yeah mine doesn't have vent windows but ill check it out..... but it like drops from underneith the dash on the pass. side i also just found out today that its coming out that black box in the bottom center in the front of the car i hope its just this one problem and just water is spreading threw out the dash not sure yet.....

Check and insure the heater A/C housing drain tube, engine side of firewall isn't plugged up.

Well what i've done so far to try to figure this out ive put a bead of silicone around the heater fan......
GetAttachment.aspx

Now i only put it on one side because that was like the the biggest gap. Should i go all the way around the thing or what? cuz i mean i little bit of water is pouring out like just a few drops at a time whenever i turn a corner.

I also sealed off... i dont really know what its called but i did this.....
GetAttachment.aspx

But i don't think that was the problem.

But please let me know what you think.
thanks,
Jesse

I've been getting a similar leak, but only when it rains. If it rains overnight, I'll have an inch or two of standing water on the passenger floorboard. Absolutely ridiculous.

Pulled the carpet and did a leak test, and the best that I can tell is the foam seal around the airbox itself is effed. Pulled out the blower motor and ran the hose over the foam bit, and the water started a slow trickle inside. Personally I don't understand how that's enough to flood it overnight.

Dunno if it's the same, but I thought I'd pass my experience along :)

Im going through the same thing, I know my heater core leaks so I disconneced the hoses to it. Still have water inside. So I resealed the windsheild, still leaked. I tool off the valance cover (wiper motor) cover and cleaned about 2 ponds of pine needles and other crap out of that, wire brushed it and put it all back. Seemed to really help. next is silicone around the heater motor.

Back