• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ rear bumper with tire carrier

Peregrine

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a rear bumper with tire carrier. (I know...me and about 100 other people.) Need to get the spare off the roof. Needs to have 2" hitch, tie ins, must match lines of 92 XJ, no tubes bumpers, no 2x6 stock with stock bumper brackets on it. I have tried to keep this rig as clean as possible with this build and want to keep it that way. Don't really want to fork over the $800-$1000 that companies want for these...but will if it's all that I can find. Let me know if you have one or know someone that might. I have cash in hand. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am also on the list looking for one! Anybody have one or know of one, lemme know also... I am not trying to hijack this thread as my own Peregrine.. :D You're first of course.

FrankZ...no real hurry, really. Do you have something in mind? I am looking for something pretty basic really...stout but not overly heavy. Hitch and a carrier...that's about it. Let me know...thanks!

FrankZ...no real hurry, really. Do you have something in mind? I am looking for something pretty basic really...stout but not overly heavy. Hitch and a carrier...that's about it. Let me know...thanks!
Therein lies the problem. Inorder to act as a foundation for adequate recovery points and a tire carrier that is cable of supporting the weight of a full size spare the entire assembly is going to be heavy.

Lemme see what I can come with and get back to ya in a day or so. Fair enough?

Noob,
Still want a tube style bumper and carrier?

Frank... you know I do. More than anything for my Jeep... I will see what I can do for money as I am moving to the Springs and will be having a higher rent...

Therein lies the problem. Inorder to act as a foundation for adequate recovery points and a tire carrier that is cable of supporting the weight of a full size spare the entire assembly is going to be heavy.

Lemme see what I can come with and get back to ya in a day or so. Fair enough?
QUOTE]

I probably should have re-phrased that one. I realize it will be quite heavy...there is no way around that. What I meant to imply is that I don't need 1/4" plating/skin over the whole bumper. I built this truck as a multi-purpose rig but will see some 5+ rated trails. I won't be tackling tough obstacles for enjoyment however, and don't expect it to take a ton of abuse. I am expecting low 100+ pounds. I am going to get rid of my valley hitch which will save some weight in the rear. Will be carrying a 32" mud and most likely a 33" at some point. Let me know what you come up with...I appreciate it!

Back