• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soundbar speakers

304jstevet

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ and one of the speakers in the soundbar has blown and sounds like crap, can somebody tell me what size the factory soundbar speakers are, I just want to replace them with the same size as factory?

Yup, factory size is 5.25''.

These can be replaced with 6.5''s with no problem, JSYK.

Also, it would be in your best interest to just replace both of them, as most speakers
come in sets of 2 anyway, not to mention your other speaker is already 15 years old.

Cool, thanks, if I replaced them with 6.5's wont I have to reconfigure the soundbar for them to fit in the stock holes, or will the 6.5s just fit right in.

Thanks, think I will just stick with 5.25, not looking for any vast improvement, just replacements that will sound better than the cracking factory ones.

You dont have to modify the sound bar to run 6.5 speakers. You will have to make new screw holes though. I just put 6.5" Sonys in mine, no cutting, no drilling, just centered the speakers in the hole and ran the new screws though the grill then SB, then speaker frame(with the clips atached over the frame holes)....

Back