• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Ruffstuff Revolution Continues!

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
UPDATE, 5/29/10
Big changes here at Ruffstuff on our Heim Joints! We have been doing some research and testing for the last 10 months and have come up with something very interesting! What we have discovered should have been very well known but seems to have been overlooked by the industry.

Everyone knows the benefit of Heat Treating and of course all of our heims are HT, its only common sense. Most of you know about Cryogenic Treating of metals after HT also, something that shouldn't be overlooked as we subject things to greater and greater stresses.

What has been overlooked are the benefits of Cryogenic Treating to other materials. I am talking about Plastics, Nylons, & Teflons, the very materials our Heim Joint bearing liners are made from. The realignment at the molecular level of the material smoothes the surface and improves density allowing for a much longer bearing life. 10 Months is not 5 years and we don't have a machine to put something through 20 million cycles but we have recorded less than 1/2 the wear in the test group in favor of the Cryo treated. That would indicate 50-100% longer lifespan of the joints that have been cryogenically treated.

With our limited testing ability I am going to have to side with the scientists opinion. I won't cite research sources, you all have Google too so you can do the same search and see for yourself!

normal_Ruffstuff-heimsREV2~0.jpg

The benefits are many and we simply haven't found anything detrimental from the process. The Cryogenic process also makes the HT Rod End AND Ball harder from further marsenite conversion (Talk to the scientists). This process increases the ultimate radial static load 8-15% but we will not make any claims of further strength we cannot afford to prove but you can safely assume a 78,000lb RSL heim gains 3-5,000lbs in RSL.

normal_Rod%20Ends%20003.jpg

This is the first product we have sold that hasn't been made by us, now they are made to our specs by one of the best manufactureres in the world. And by the end of next week all of our Heim Joints will be both Heat Treated & Cryogenically Treated!

I run both the 1.25" heims and 7/8" heims on my cherokee. They sure are purdy and very stout. Thanks DAN!

Ordered some a2 weeks. I love the misalignment joints with build in safety washers. As always, really fast shipping.

I might order me some when I do my D44 swap. Have any that would fit Rock Krawler's 3 link arms?

Back