• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon express lift

jeepnoobxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to buy a 93 limited next week with 4X4 lol.

So I was looking into the rubicon express 3.5 super flex lift.

But I didn't know if it came with shocks or not

any suggestions on shocks?

Any comments on this lift?

Any thing else I will need. Besides tools and knowledge of putting the lift on

thank you:gee::

try the search option !!!1 You will find alot of great information!!! But to answer your question, the kit does not come with shocks. Most people on here including myself for shocks - bilstien, rubicon and OME (old man emo) this will finish off your kit quite nicely.

X2 on the shocks

Thank you. And I did a lil searching but since it's memorial day weekend and not all of use got to go riding :( I just thought to put it up as small talk. Plus I like hearing opinions from others in the PAC chapter

Shop around for the kit, usually you can find a deal where it comes with free shocks. My re 4.5 inch lift did. Make sure you check with your local vendors too, you may pay a little more but at least you are supporting local business.

I like OME shocks personally. My front end has the RE 4.5" springs, arms, & trackbar, and OME shocks. Love it. Well, actually, I wish I had long arms or drop brackets... My rear end has DPG trailgunners (is he still selling those? Couldn't find them on his website) and OME shocks. It's awesome.

I forgot how expensive RE lift kits were...haha.

Myself and many others on here run Bilsteins in 5125 (5150s for those with a little more $$$ to blow) and they work pretty well. I need a set for the rear though.

~Scott

You should also start looking for an SYE for the rear Drivetrain.

http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html

Click on the XJ Cherokee and scroll down to see what I'm talking about.

$$$$$

money just keeps adding up. Lol. Just empty every pocket.

But on the real I can probably only afford the lift and shocks. Now and wait a month or two for the other stuff. Do I need it in order for my jeep to ride good. Or can it wait a month. Lol

You can wait on the SYE. I did the H&T with a front drive shaft in the rear. Works great for me, I even tow a 23' RV with no problems. The nice thing is if you break one shaft you can use the other to get home.

Dave

you have any flex pics or pic on the trails with this set up. just out of curiosity???:eyes:
Nothing recent - we usually don't stop for photos on the trail.

Here's a couple from yesterday of when I stopped at the top of the trail to block anyone from going down the hill. Cal broke the straps off his U-joints and we had his winch stretched across the trail.
29ygupf.jpg

wcmis9.jpg

313rfxj.jpg

nn3a51.jpg

I'll see if I can dig up some older pics.

Sitting on BFG 31x10.5x31s
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...KM2RWLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Ok so this lift is more than the jeep itself lol. Is there anything else you recomand to complete the lift.

C-rock inner and outer brace. Most people learn the hard way and rip the steering box from the frame. Its not fun dragging some one off the trail with no steering

C-rock inner and outer brace. Most people learn the hard way and rip the steering box from the frame. Its not fun dragging some one off the trail with no steering

x2. Once I am home and on my pc i ca. Put a link to a company that does a inner and outer brace for like 45 shipped to ur door

Good to see that Jeep off-road.

What were you looking at the other times he was wheeling and you were there? :D

Mark, glad to see that new stuff put to use! The gears and lockers make a huge difference, don't they? :) I sure love that RE6030 and OME long travel shocks. I want a DD with that setup.

Oh, and the guy commenting about the parts being more than the Jeep: They cost the same whether the Jeep was $500 or $5000, or even $15000. Quality costs money. If you got what you WANTED to pay for, you'd be that guy we all complain about on the trail...and you'll be wondering why you don't get invited along on runs. ;)

Back