• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion angle?

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running 6.5 in. springs in the rear with 7* shims. I just installed a set of JKS boomerang shackles to try to improve the ride and shackle angle a little. Before the shackles my pinion angle was 2* lower than my DS angle. Now it looks like my pinion and DS are dead in line. Is this going to cause issues during acceleration? Am I going to have to change my shims to 6* or do you think it will be alright? Also does anybody know the torque specs on the shackle and spring eye bolts?

Thanks

Droopy

Do you have an SYE?

If yes, the pinion needs to be in-line with the driveshaft pointing at the transfer case output, or 1-2 degrees lower to allow for acceleration

If no, the pinion and slip yoke need to be parallel to each other.

Yhea, I have a AA SYE. I thought the pinion should be a little lower to allow for acceleration. If they are in line will it cause vibes during acceleration?

Thanks

Droopy

Maybe, maybe not. I suggest you do a test drive and find out. Not really the type of question to can be answered here, it would be opinion. I don"t have a SYE, If I set my pinion as I'm supposed to, parallel I get vibes, If I set it as if I had a SYE no vibes. All Jeeps are different, some things just have to be figured out by trial and error.

Back