• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protection for new shocks

chaser9478

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a brand new set of fox shocks. I don't want to run a rubber boot but I don't want to leave them naked either. What should I do?

wax em! (the bodies). boots are for XXXX
dont worry bout the shafts unless you're rallying in gravel (in which case, why are you here posting this?, figure out a mudflap)
waxing the bodies really helps keep em looking good, otherwise they go downhill like anything else in the wheel well.

Just pull over to spray wd40 on the shafts after each time you go though a mud puddle or a pothole that had water in it.

I have waxed them 10 times....I just love to touch them...... I just feel bad leaving them naked. I know they are going to get a flogging in the wheel well. I was thinking something that velcro'd on maybe

if it makes you feel better, the boots will collect mud anyways.

i understand your want to keep em looking good, after the buy-in price. but they do keep pretty clean for me! i take em off whenever im in the area and clean em up a lil bit, they look great! only damage is dings to the aluminum housing for the lower rod end, its mostly white! shafts are good and seal well. this is after 3 years of abuse (limit strapping off them so much as to rip sheet metal up top)

That is reassuring to hear. I know this is the wrong thread but how should I set up limit straps. One in the center or on both sides? I have re radius arms btw

Back