• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

manual SYE

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking into getting a SYE and there is a ton of write ups but they all seem to geared towards the auto. I was looking at the Rustys unit for 200.00. my only question is allot of guys are using the front DS out of an auto for the rear, and i have one of those. but i have an AX15 5 speed so what are my drive line options? Also I have a 4in. lift.

The short answer is that with a hack-h-tap and 4.0/AX15 combo you can use the front shaft from a ZJ. An SYE that shortens the output shaft much more than the hack-n-tap will require a longer shaft than a stock XJ or ZJ front.

The previous poster suggested using a front driveline from a ZJ in order for it to be long enough... It should be about the right length for the AX-15 SYE because the drivetrain in a ZJ sits further back in the chassis which makes the front driveline several inches longer than the XJ AW4 front driveline...

Not sure of the lengths, but if you're looking for a stock 'shaft, you might look at the TJ wrangler front D/S. TJ axle is also further forward in relation to the engine/trans then the XJ. Might provide a solution.

I did the PORC SYE and am running a ZJ front shaft. You might have to have it shortened a bit. I pushed my front axle forward about 1.5" and, the shaft is almost too long with 6.5" lift.

all sounds really good so far, but i need some for sure info so i can buy parts. maybe some one has done a 5 speed with a 4 to 4.5 in lift and knows what parts to buy that will work for sure. thanks

post 20, 21, and 22...

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1030933&page=2

your not really going to what you need until you get the eliminator in. as hit on earlier in this thread, different SYE kits have different resulting lengths. you may need to get a shaft lengthened/shortened/made. you also failed to mention your motor, transfer case, and rear axel... as all of this will determine the length of shaft that you need. but what every you do, be sure to post up! im running the AX-15 as well. :)

Last edited:
Back