• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF day run, May 29...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Headed up Sat. morning just for the day... will be @ Roger's 9ish... CB ch 12... plan on heading out around 9:30... may take a look at some diff. trails... looking @ map... will have a "playlist" developed by then... hope to see a few up there!

Maybe I'll come? Never been to TSF Before. I'm in Lebanon.. won't it be a parking lot? I have a 6.5 inch long armed cherokee. 34 10.5 tsls.. Its open besides the lsd 44 rear.. do you think id get hungup?

Maybe I'll come? Never been to TSF Before. I'm in Lebanon.. won't it be a parking lot? I have a 6.5 inch long armed cherokee. 34 10.5 tsls.. Its open besides the lsd 44 rear.. do you think id get hungup?

youd be fine to follow mopar around he's on 31"s

well damn keith im burnt... i have a job showing up at the shop tomorow about 11:30, so im out. i alwase seem to get screwed up on timeingHasta

have fun tomorow bro. and ill cya soon
Bronze.

I'm on 3 1/2" of lift, 31" AT's, LSD 8 1/4... you would def. be able to go where I go... will be kinda busy up there, but it's gonna be that way everywhere... spent the last two Mem. Day weekends up there, and never had a problem... might have to wait for a stuck/broke rig to get moved, but gotta do that any other weekend...

Leaving Salem about 7:15... let me know if you wanna go... I can meet ya and lead the way...

youd be fine to follow mopar around he's on 31"s

well damn keith im burnt... i have a job showing up at the shop tomorow about 11:30, so im out. i alwase seem to get screwed up on timeingHasta

have fun tomorow bro. and ill cya soon
Bronze.

Hear ya man... gotta work before ya play! See ya up there soon...:party:

I need a new jeep before I can go out anywhere.

CJ

aww CJ. wut happened? motor dident work out? wife confascated XJ?

sry to hear it man. ive been waiting to see you on the trails. been a while bro. hope everything is cool. alwase a good time with the big dog at play
hope to see ya soon.
Bronze.

aww CJ. what happened? motor didn't work out? wife confiscated XJ?

sry to hear it man. ive been waiting to see you on the trails. been a while bro. hope everything is cool. always a good time with the big dog at play
hope to see ya soon.
Bronze.

Well looking and sounding like I got a rod bearing going out. Nasty knock in the lower end, and sounding like it really wouldn't be worth it to replace the rod bearings on a motor that was already rebuilt once. Just have to do it again in a few months and that's a lot of work to do over and over again to limp around. Rebuilt or not the motor has almost 300,000 on it so it's only time before it gives.

Looking at trying to get a new motor for it but that's looking like it is going to be around $1200 and that's not counting all the seals to swap parts over. Trying to decide if want to get another one or put the work in to this one. Mean while trying to figure out what to do about not having two cars in a must have two car household. Might have to try to get a DD on payments for me for the mean time and then figure out the trail thing.

CJ

Pick yourself up a little DD. and then throw a used motor in the XJ for a back up DD and Trail rig

Well looking and sounding like I got a rod bearing going out. Nasty knock in the lower end, and sounding like it really wouldn't be worth it to replace the rod bearings on a motor that was already rebuilt once. Just have to do it again in a few months and that's a lot of work to do over and over again to limp around. Rebuilt or not the motor has almost 300,000 on it so it's only time before it gives.

Looking at trying to get a new motor for it but that's looking like it is going to be around $1200 and that's not counting all the seals to swap parts over. Trying to decide if want to get another one or put the work in to this one. Mean while trying to figure out what to do about not having two cars in a must have two car household. Might have to try to get a DD on payments for me for the mean time and then figure out the trail thing.

CJ

heay man. i dident know if ud be interested. the scrap guies who have the shop next to mine. just took a motor,trans,t-case out of a 96 grand it had 115k on it and they want 550 for the whol set. you may be abole to come out ahed if you sell the trans/t-case. and drop that motor in.

anyway let me know if theres any intrest in the stuff. sorry to hear about the motor troubles man. hope i can help.

Bronze

heay man. i dident know if ud be interested. the scrap guies who have the shop next to mine. just took a motor,trans,t-case out of a 96 grand it had 115k on it and they want 550 for the whol set. you may be abole to come out ahed if you sell the trans/t-case. and drop that motor in.

anyway let me know if theres any intrest in the stuff. sorry to hear about the motor troubles man. hope i can help.

Bronze
For the record, if they pulled a 4.0liter out of a 96 grand. Then it should have a 42re Transmission..

It just so happens im in the market for a 42re.. :greensmok

he's selling a motor and tranny

you need a _____ and i need a tranny

Hint? more like a knocking on the forehead

Right on so you buying the set up to get the tranny and giving me the motor? What a friend man lol

Back