• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01' XJ randomly cuts out all power

ReverendOD

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ Stock

Over the weekend I was leaving a gas stations and it got a half crank and lost all power. Would get the key chime but nothing ont he radio or dash and it would not crank. After 30 seconds or so it cranked right up and was fine all week.

Today while idling at a light I got a quick drop again just a split second. Enought to kill the dash and radio, the engine died and came right back. So for some reason im loosing power from the battery. I replaced the neg cable when i bought it in January and cleaned the terminals, other then that ive done nothing electrical related.

It is not throwing any codes either.

Im at a loss any ideas?

I did read in another thread about a connector behind the drivers side kick panel. I was in there fixing the busted speaker wire problem, ill double check all my connections in there also.

Start at the battery, work your way to the PDC, then the isn't there a fuse block passenger's side kick panel? Anyway, clean, tighten as you go.

Back