• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Offroad 2 thumbs WAY down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDISKRAD EHT

NAXJA Forum User
Well it all starts on Nov 29, 2010. I paid for and ordered a winch bumper and some rock rails from AJ's Offroad. I received the rock rails within a few weeks but after a ton of delays I didn't receive the bumper until April 27th. That is 22 weeks, when AJ originally told me 5 WEEKS when I ordered it.

When I ordered it I specifically asked AJ to make sure there would be tabs to mount lights on. I even referred back to my emails and confirmed that we spoke about that. The bumper showed up with no tabs on it. When I told AJ it had no tabs he said that it was my fault it didn't have tabs because I didn't notice on the pics he sent me before it was shipped. I guess it is up to the customer to do AJ's Quality Control for him.

Also as per AJ's site there is supposed to be a crossmember support bracket. I don't have one one of those. Also as per AJ's site winch bumpers are supposed to have hardware provided with nut strips, etc. I didn't get any hardware with my bumper whatsoever. I just got a bumper. On April 27th he told me that the hardware was already shipped but it was just shipped separately for whatever reason. After 2 weeks I questioned where my stuff was because I knew the mail doesn't take 'that' long. He replied that he would send me a tracking #. I never did receive that tracking # and now he wont reply to a single email or return a phone call. I haven't heard from him in over 2 weeks.

So pretty well what I got after waiting for 6 months is an incomplete bumper and not even the proper hardware to attempt to install it. It's 6 months and I still don't have the bumper that I paid for mounted to my Jeep, and I haven't been able to do any serious winter and spring wheeling because of how long I've been waiting on AJ's bumper to mount my winch to.

I can say I'm the furthest thing from pleased with my experience with AJ's Offroad Armor. Also, being that I paid for the light tabs and the hardware to install the bumper, at this point I consider it that AJ has ripped me off. He still owes me light tabs (so i can get them welded locally) and the hardware required to mount the bumper properly because I PAID for these items.

I honestly don't know why he wont just send me my parts after all this time. I'm not just going to accept that after paying what I did.

SO maybe you missed the part where his house CAUGHT ON FIRE?! Cut the guy some slack. He does great work. That is a long time to wait but at least he got it to you.

AJ goes way out of his way to assist his customers. I previously purchased two sets of SuperRails from him, and he was preparing to fab a custom front bumper for me at the time his house caught fire. I ended up going with somebody else because I wanted the bumper by Spring, but I'm here to tell you that AJ was VERY good at making sure I got what I wanted. I have the email traffic to prove it.

You are just mad because you are from America's hat.

I personally am very happy with my AJ products and customer service, I have talked a lot with the guy and he is an excellent guy whom does excellent work. Sorry about your experience.

That is a long time to wait but at least he got it to you.

A bumper that I can't even put on yet? I might as well not even have it if it's just sitting there waiting for the rest of it.

AJ goes way out of his way to assist his customers.

I wish that were true in my case. It's been a FULL month since the bumper showed up and I still don't have the hardware required to install it properly. How hard can that be to send out? He even told me it shipped once already (1 month ago) and I never saw it.

So he was dishonest, AND now he owes me parts and wont get back to me.

That's pretty cut and dry in my eyes.

That is a Long time to have to wait! It sucks that he has personal problem, but the item is paid for. If I was in his shoes I would want a prompt responce with a tracking number or a refund for the parts not shipped, so can get that bumper going. I think he has a very good right to be displeased on his sitituation.

That is a Long time to have to wait! It sucks that he has personal problem, but the item is paid for. If I was in his shoes I would want a prompt responce with a tracking number or a refund for the parts not shipped, so can get that bumper going. I think he has a very good right to be displeased on his sitituation.

:thumbup:
Most of these people will stay "brand loyal" but im sorry, My money is not something to play with, I have no sympathy for AJ in this case when the money this guy spent put dinner on aj's table months ago.. I would be extremely Un-happy in EDISKRAD's shoes. If i buy something now, and you tell me from the get go it will take 3 weeks. That's fine. But there isnt a brand out there that i would stick with if they didnt deliver for months. and then when the order finally arrives, its not up to par. Screw that, Its a dog eat dog world.

Last edited:
My money is not something to play with, I have no sympathy for AJ in this case when the money this guy spent put dinner on aj's table months ago

I agree about the money part but you have no sympathy for someone who's house burnt through no fault of his own? Thats just disrespectful! Yeah 22 weeks was a long time to wait but if the guy wants his bumper on they sell bolts at the hardware store.

So you ordered it Nov. 29, 2010 and recieved it on April 27th? He's WAAAY ahead of schedule!

I agree about the money part but you have no sympathy for someone who's house burnt through no fault of his own? Thats just disrespectful! Yeah 22 weeks was a long time to wait but if the guy wants his bumper on they sell bolts at the hardware store.
There is sympathy for that. but it sounds like there was a complete lack of communication to the customer. and then a lack of respect/sympathy for the paying customer at the end. There is more to this story on another forum. and the way AJ keeps throwing out there "There's nothing i can do to make this costomer happy.. so why try?" That is POOR customer service. your job is not done untill that customer is happy. (**within means)

There are many ways this could of been handled ALOT better.
To start with:

A:He should of offered some kind of Compensation for the lack of Light-tabs that were in the agreement.

B: When AJ had Personal Issues, he should of contacted the customer (and any others with orders in) With Up-to-date news and estimates on Delays. In this case, If the customer would of been told 3 months, It sounds like he would of cancelled his order. but instead AJ put himself before the customer. Honesty and integrity are what builds a reputation. and to me this customer deserves more then "what do you expect me to do about it?"

:dunno:

At this point I honestly don't have any sympathy for AJ. I've literally spent upwards of $30,000 on ordering aftermarket parts for my car and the one previous to it, and I've NEVER even close to have been treated like this. You have no idea how frustrating this is being flat out ignored by AJ when he owes me these things.

This isn't just a straight replacement bumper that a few nuts and bolts can mount. It is a winch bumper and as per AJ's site you must use the crossmember support brackets he is supposed to supply, and also some not strips that he is supposed to supply.

Every day that I walk out of my house I cringe when I look at my Jeep that I've sunk a ridiculous amount of money into this last winter, because I still can't do any serious wheeling strictly because I can't mount the winch that I bought in January when I thought this bumper would be here.

I was extremely understanding with AJ all the way up until it showed up on April 27th, but when it showed up incomplete and with the missing hardware I was pretty fricken upset. Then when AJ blamed the light tabs on me, for not catching it before it was sent out, I knew that AJ was the type of guy that can do no wrong in his own eyes. Just look at the pile of things that I had to deal with and not once has he done anything to make up for them. I'm still sitting here beyond frustrated as he ignores the emails and phone calls that I give on a DAILY basis.

I just want him to send my parts so that this thing can be over. I'm not just going to accept what he has (or hasn't) given me up to this point.

So you ordered it Nov. 29, 2010 and recieved it on April 27th? He's WAAAY ahead of schedule!

My bad.

There is sympathy for that. but it sounds like there was a complete lack of communication to the customer. and then a lack of respect/sympathy for the paying customer at the end. There is more to this story on another forum. and the way AJ keeps throwing out there "There's nothing i can do to make this costomer happy.. so why try?" That is POOR customer service. your job is not done untill that customer is happy. (**within means)

There are many ways this could of been handled ALOT better.
To start with:

A:He should of offered some kind of Compensation for the lack of Light-tabs that were in the agreement.

B: When AJ had Personal Issues, he should of contacted the customer (and any others with orders in) With Up-to-date news and estimates on Delays. In this case, If the customer would of been told 3 months, It sounds like he would of cancelled his order. but instead AJ put himself before the customer. Honesty and integrity are what builds a reputation. and to me this customer deserves more then "what do you expect me to do about it?"

:dunno:

Well it looks like you've got it bang on, and see exactly where I'm coming from.

Thank you.

Like I said, I've ordered an endless amount of items (custom ones too) from other vendors and have dealt with a ton of delays, as sh*t happens. I've always been understanding just as I was for 5 months with AJ, but when AJ couldn't be bothered to take 1 extra minute to make sure that a customer (that waited as long as I did) was going to get exactly what he ordered before the item was shipped out, I think I have every right to be a bit upset. Then when he told me that the parts were shipped separately, and it ends up being a blatant lie, then I have every right to be beyond upset. Now that I'm flat out being ignored and he's not doing a single thing to resolve HIS screw ups I'm more frustrated than I've ever been with a vendor in my entire life.

Just send me the parts that I've already paid you for AJ. Please...

I've passed the word along to someone who can probably help you out. Hopefully he can get you all straightened out. Not trying tp be a dick to you or anything. Now that the rest of the story is clear I could see where you'd be pissed.

I will talk to AJ on tuesday and see what he says. He has been trying to put me in charge of the online sales here in the next month or so, that way things move a little smoother.

I apologie for the inconvinences and I will contact Aj right after the holiday weekend.

I will talk to AJ on tuesday and see what he says. He has been trying to put me in charge of the online sales here in the next month or so, that way things move a little smoother.

I apologie for the inconvinences and I will contact Aj right after the holiday weekend.

Thank you very much.

Like I said, I just want the rest of the parts so this situation can be a part of the past and I can start having some fun with my rig.

I went thru this 2 years ago...He sent the rails first, then he says oops..Missed the season cause he had problems.. People bitch about 8 weeks from the other guy....(JCR offroad)
Thank god i went with the other guy, he makes his chit as fast as he can..Now we know why he(JCR offroad) is so far behind in his orders..Everybody calls him..

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble..

A bumper that I can't even put on yet? I might as well not even have it if it's just sitting there waiting for the rest of it.

I wish that were true in my case. It's been a FULL month since the bumper showed up and I still don't have the hardware required to install it properly. How hard can that be to send out? He even told me it shipped once already (1 month ago) and I never saw it.

So he was dishonest, AND now he owes me parts and wont get back to me.

That's pretty cut and dry in my eyes.
Maybe you'd like to post this on every XJ forum out there (if you haven't already done so ...)

Trashing a guy who has an extremely good rep and some really bad luck, is Bad Karma. Granted, if I were in AJ's shoes I'd bend over backward to get you your stuff just to be rid of you ... but I guess he deals with things differently.

Satisfied AJ's customer here ...

Maybe you'd like to post this on every XJ forum out there (if you haven't already done so ...)

Trashing a guy who has an extremely good rep and some really bad luck, is Bad Karma. Granted, if I were in AJ's shoes I'd bend over backward to get you your stuff just to be rid of you ... but I guess he deals with things differently.

Satisfied AJ's customer here ...

Taking somebody's money and not giving them what they paid for is BAD KARMA. All I want is for AJ to give me WHAT I PAID HIM FOR. This thread would have never been started if he would have just sent me the parts that he forgot to instead of just brushing me off and ignoring my phone calls and emails.

Funny how people can even defend a guy when it's pretty damn obvious he has every intention of ripping me off and not giving me what I paid for. Bad luck has nothing to do with what he is doing to me. How hard is it to send some damn parts to someone that BOUGHT one of his bumpers?

I went thru this 2 years ago...He sent the rails first, then he says oops..Missed the season cause he had problems.. People bitch about 8 weeks from the other guy....(JCR offroad)
Thank god i went with the other guy, he makes his chit as fast as he can..Now we know why he(JCR offroad) is so far behind in his orders..Everybody calls him..

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble..

I wish it was "had" it's still happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back