• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas miliage

air filter, check tire pressure, fuel filter, change your fluids, change plugs/wires/cap/rotor, and drive less aggressively. Maybe swap in a manual transmission.

If that doesn't get you where you want to go, buy a prius

what is the best way to improve gas miliage with just bolt on parts and along with helping the engine last longer as well.

95, xj sport
aw4,
np242,
d30hp/35

do you have stock tire size?

best way is to keep up with routine maintenance and have good driving habits. also avoid short trips where the engine does not have time to reach operating temps.

im already getting 20 city and close to 22 hwy but i have heard people getting 24 with them and im trying to achieve that. its a stupid little goal i want to accomplish.

its already not stock, I have 3.73 ratio, lockers in the front d30hp and destination mt 31in which is more like a 32. headman hedder, walker super quiet, high flow exaust with high flow cat.

im already getting 20 city and close to 22 hwy but i have heard people getting 24 with them and im trying to achieve that. its a stupid little goal i want to accomplish.

its already not stock, I have 3.73 ratio, lockers in the front d30hp and destination mt 31in which is more like a 32. headman hedder, walker super quiet, high flow exaust with high flow cat.

lol, consider yourself very lucky. i would love to get 20mpg in the city:yap:.

Don't buy fuel with ethanol in it, that will get you 10 percent increase instantly.

Factors that Influence Fuel Economy:

Ambient air temperature drop from 77* to 22*: -5.3% avg, -13% max
20mph headwind: -2.3% avg, -6% max
7% road grade: -1.9% avg, -25% max
27mph vs 20mph stop and go driving pattern: -10.6% avg, -15% max
Aggressive vs. easy acceleration: -11.8% avg, -20% max
Tire pressure of 15psi vs. 26psi: -3.3% avg, -6% max

A 10% ethanol mixture in fuel contains 3.4% less energy than pure dino fuel and is roughly proportional to mpg loss.

Winter-grade fuels also have less energy (up to 7.26% less) than summer-grade fuels, which will affect mileage.
Summer-grade Btu: 113,000-117,000
Winter-grade Btu: 108,500-114,000

Last edited:

holy crap im luckey if i get 12 per gal... on the free way lol

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1052657&page=2

Just went through this. Should of searched. But anyways.....

Champion copper spark plugs
Plug wires
Distributor cap
Distributor rotor
Air filter
Upstream O2 sensor (I have a 98 so not sure what you O2 sensor set up is like.)
Seafoam
1 can of BG 44k, I would say every oil change or every other, but this stuff is awesome. You'll see quite a few guys around here swear by it.

^That's a basic tune up. If you read the thread I started out at 8.5MPG after a 3in lift and 33x12.50 KM2s and after I did all of that stuff in the list I am now at 16-17MPG :) Oh, and I'm still running stock gears at 3.55s

Last edited:
Back