• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Brackets

feelinsomewheelin

NAXJA Forum User
I rear ended a sedan in the winter, because of the lift on the jeep alot of the force was on the axle. My passenger side lower control arm bracket, the side welded on the D30 broke and the Upper got bent to shit. I want to just buy new brackets and weld them up. Is it as easy as that sounds? And what brackets should i go with. I was looking as rusty's http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...tys&Product_Code=RC-UCM1&Category_Code=BP-B_S I was considering their lower bracket also. Both of these kits are pairs for both sides yet i only need the passenger brackets, if anyone knows any better products or helpful information i was appreciate it greatly. Thanks Seth

Honestly I'd just pick up a new axle if you haven't gotten it geared. It'll cost you a hundred bucks at nearly any you-pull-it in the northeast from what I have seen.

Plate the LCA brackets on the new axle with 3/16", box in the passenger UCA bracket, and you should be good to go.

I've got the Rusty's HD LCA mounts I think they call them Jeepspeed ones. The have just one round hole not the slot. they are really beefy, 1/4 plate. You'll have to have them welded on of course. Definitely plate the upper mount to if you can get it straight again. If not get a HD one for that too, not a big fan of the single piece mount of there upper mount bit I guess it will work just make sure it is gusseted real good ,I would make taller ones or do both sides if you can, as you know they bend easily.

Last edited:
Back