• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 Oil filter adapter o-rings...Dealer expensive, RockAuto?

I don't know if the kit you mention will work, But I do know that your dealer is charging you to much $$$$$$.
I paid $7 for the kit that contains all 3 "O" rings at my dealer.
Try another Jeep dealer.

I picked up that kit to fix my oil leak, but never had to use it. Went from leaking a quart every 150 miles to a quart every 300 miles when I fixed up my CCV system a bit (didn't even fully fix it) and then reduced that to a half quart lost over the last month simply by driving it and pretending the problem didn't exist :dunno:

I picked up that kit to fix my oil leak, but never had to use it. Went from leaking a quart every 150 miles to a quart every 300 miles when I fixed up my CCV system a bit (didn't even fully fix it) and then reduced that to a half quart lost over the last month simply by driving it and pretending the problem didn't exist :dunno:

not to thread hijack, but I did everything to find the leak my 96 xj had, rear main seal, oil filter adapter, and was still going through oil for awhile, then I found out that both my oil pressure sending unit sensor....whatever you want to call it was leaking, and around the back of the motor the valve cover gasket was leaking, once I replace both, no more oil leaks, hope id give you some ideas on figuring yours out.

Dealer wants $4 a piece for the 3 orings. I'm worried they'll end up being the wrong ones and I'll be stuck. Anybody know it this kit will work?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raf...39&parttype=11896&a=FRc1179839k634664-1145782

Dorman #82560

Morris 4x4 Center.

Order a few other small parts to justify paying the shipping (I work on mainly RENIX rigs, so I just ordered 4-5 sets.) The kit was only a few bucks.

Or, let me know where you are - I'll cut one loose for $6 shipped, First Class Post. Probably comes out to a bit less than the cost of the kit and shipping, by the time it's all added up...

be careful when getting the o-ring kit at the dealership. i got the oring kit and the middle size oring was the wrong size for the renix. i went to a different dealership and the parts guy knew exactly what oring i needed when i told him it was for an 89(renix). the kit only costs around 7$.

I go to the local hardware and match the original "O" rings up to new ones. The new "O" rings are only a couple of bucks tops.

I just got a set from my stealer so I could do my motor mounts. FWIW they all fit and the charge was around $12.

Its such a hassle getting to them, I woudnt even want to think of having to do it a second time for the incorrect o-rings. Buy the stealership rings, and forget about it for another 20 years

Its such a hassle getting to them, I woudnt even want to think of having to do it a second time for the incorrect o-rings. Buy the stealership rings, and forget about it for another 20 years

luckely, there is plenty of room on my 89 without a/c to get to the oil filter adapter.

Back