• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find 2 door weatherstripping

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2 dr '87 XJ and wanted to upgrade to the new '97-'01 style weather stripping. I ordered a front set from Team Cherokee. The Team Cherokee site states:
"Door Opening Seal OEM Cherokee 1997-2001
These Are The FACTORY ORIGINAL Door Opening Seal Around The Door Opening For Each Door On All Jeep Cherokees From 1997-2001. We Are Selling The Seals For The Front Doors & The Rear Doors. The Front Door Opening Seals Will Work For Both 2-Door & 4-Door Front Doors. The Factory Has Made These To Fit The 2-Doors With Out Any Cutting & The 4-Door Models Only Need To Snip A Few Inches Off The One End For Which You Just Attach The Opposite Side To The Inner Seal To Make It Snap Into Place For A Snug Fit."

However they do not fit 2dr XJ's they are about 1.5' too short. I was ready to pull off the one I installed so i could ship it back.. but I've been unable to find any late model 2 door seals online.. I'm worried I might have to make what I've got work by filling in the 1.5' gap with junk yard stripping..

I've googled.. and checked all the sites I could.. no luck.

Please help..

Call Team Cherokee and find out what happened.

*update* I got a response from Team Cherokee. They realize they made a mistake and sent me th wrong weatherstripping, they have ordered the correct 2 dr weather stripping and are sending it to me..

I made the mistake out installing later model weatherstripping on my '92 driver's door after it was painted (my original was ripped). Looks almost the same, seems to seal tighter, but I literally have to slam the door to shut it. The door is hung and aligned just fine, worked good with original rubber. I tried the later rubber because of a thread I read on here years ago, and the fact that mine was shot, and the newest examples in the yards are now fourteen years old. If I were to spend real money on the rubber, I'd get the appropriate year part.

Back