• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Bushwackers

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
i got an XJ mag from Quadratec today (which is typically EXACTLY the same every time except for the front image) and noticed something different on the back.

l_a34b46d2bb794b6dad13f3220c0a3053.jpg

l_6a62018b1a4f47cf85babac0cd7e17b1.jpg

apparently BW has a new flair out. the mag said go to page 41 or quadratec.com for more info. page 41 looked exactly the same as previous magazines, and the product is not listed on the website. so i went to BW's site, and still nothing.

i havent seen any peep of these, so i was wondering what the deal was. it says its made of "Dura-Flex 2000 TPO" so im assuming its plastic. but still, its new (to me).

Pretty cool, looks way better than regular bushwackers. Sadly, for $400+ I would look into getting some tube fenders made out of actual tube though.

about time they made something new for Cherokees, wranglers arent the only things people drive! and the fenders that they had for cherokees were god awfull.

I called quadratec and they said they haven't gotten their first shipment yet which is why you can't order them yet and why its not on the website.

Me likey!

Wow, first BW's to get my attention!

Saw some actual pictures of that jeep in a thread on JF, looked really nice but they are still plastic. The thread was deleted or closed for some reason or Id link it. Patiently waiting to hear more about these, especially regarding trimming and durability.

I was looking for that same thread. The only thing I can think is BW asked for it to be removed because they were still not announced at the time of that posting.

From that page: "...making them the toughest tube-style metal flare alternative..."

So does that mean they are tube metal or alternatives to tube metal?

I like them, just not the price.

I looked closely at their new JK flares made out of the same material when I was at a trade show recently. It's a bit thicker than the thin plastic they make the other flares out of...and it seems flexible...but nothing like a poly flare would be. It still seems like they'd crack with enough force, though I'm sure it's more than the previous flares could take.

They'll still get "ripped" off!! They do look good though

I looked closely at their new JK flares made out of the same material when I was at a trade show recently. It's a bit thicker than the thin plastic they make the other flares out of...and it seems flexible...but nothing like a poly flare would be. It still seems like they'd crack with enough force, though I'm sure it's more than the previous flares could take.

i wish they would do some poly flares but you can only imagine how much those would cost. Considering they want over $400 for these plastic ones!

I like how Bushwacker just made these. It's not like Jeep stopped production on our XJ's 10 years ago or anything. :D

However! It is good to see progress being made. New products are always nice, even if
I would have liked them a bit sooner.

If I remember right, the story on the XJ pictured is that it was being built for a guy
with a terminal illness. The know he only has a little bit of time left, and Bushwacker
chose this particular XJ to add their new brainchild to. Power to them. I just hope
that the guy gets to enjoy the XJ a bit after Bushwacker and Quadratec get done
parading it around the country.

Pretty cool, looks way better than regular bushwackers. Sadly, for $400+ I would look into getting some tube fenders made out of actual tube though.

I'd like to bend some tube up and tie them in to my bumpers/sliders.

Back