• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift (RE 3.5) is on but need better shocks

Dulltip

NAXJA Forum User
I put on my Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Ride and tried the shortcut of using TJ shocks.

Nope those are pretty much maxed out at normal ride height. I need something longer.

What have others found to be a good replacement? I'm not a pretty tight budget with the project at this point as I'll need to look at an SYE and drive shaft that I was hoping not to have to do.

Thanks in advance.
DT

What exactly is your budget? OME's are what I run and like them quite a bit. More budgeted are bilstein 5100s which are good.

I've heard JK shocks are what you want, not TJ shocks. No real experience though, check the extended/collapsed length on stock XJ shocks vs stock JK shocks and you should be able to draw your own conclusions.

Yes you are correct JK shocks, that is a typo on my part. And the guy I bought them from pulled up in a lifted JK handing me what he said were the shocks off his jeep.

Under $200 to my door is preferred.

I have a quote for some Pro Comp longer ones for $40 each. Leaning towards those.

Why don't you check the vendor forum here, You may be able to get some decent RE shocks for the price you are at. For a little more cash I would go with the Bil 5100's

i had the same problem ... being rubicon monotube shocks are on back order for like ever. .. i went with the pro comp MX6 adjustable shock . not the xj one but a wrangler shock with the same mounting and same length ... the xj mx6 shocks are too short ....

Back