• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bail me out guys

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
so we drove the wifes zj last night and this morning it wont start. Wife called me when i was out shooting this morning told me to come home. Its her daily so she is stressed out. ANYway it cranks fine but no start. batt is good. when key it turned on the gauge dont move. like the gas gauge should read and the amp gauge should read but all are dead. also i tested the supply wire to the coil with a bug light and there is no power when it turns over. its a late96 zj could it be the brain are a relay someware. any help would be nice. i know its not a oem xj question but it is close

12/96 almost a 97 and i dont even get power to the coil and the dash is dead. turns over great and all the dummy light come on on the dash when you turn over the key but the gau
ges dont move

I don't have a zj so I don't know about the gauges moving... But how much gas is in it? If the gas Gauge don't move... I would look at the CPS frist. But is your Fuel pump running when you turn the key?
Iv only seen this once where
no spark and no fuel pump= bad ECU

Damn, I was hoping you were in jail.

X2 on what redjeep3 said.....on the 4.0L when the CPS (crankshaft positon sensor) goes out, no gauges will work when the key is turned to the ON position, it will seem like alot of things arent working. if it has the 4.0, change the CPS you should be fine

Had this problem couple weeks ago in My 5.9. Check your ASD relay fuse, Its a 20amp (yellow) in the PDC. (fuse block)

If that is the issue. that fuse didnt blow for no reason, My reason was an o2 sensor wire rubbing on the rear driveshaft Causing it to ground out.

Back