• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best price on a replacement '01 rear wiper motor?

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
My rear wiper motor finally died so I went to the dealer to buy a new one. I shoulda knowed better than that!

Where is the best price for a new or reman (not used) rear wiper motor for an '01 XJ? Can they be rebuilt or are they junk when they die?

Thanks!!

Brian

$65.99 at Rockauto for a Reman one. Is it completely shot, or just real slooooow?
You might want to check the wiring before taking the dive. If the motor itself is not shot, what happens a lot of time is the grease in the gearbox gets all sticky/gooey and the motor will turn slowly. You could take it apart and see if that's the problem, BUT, if you get into it and don't like what you see, you might have just blown your $35.00 core charge if you can't get it back together properly. I'm pretty good mechanically but I figured if I screwed up, the $65 motor just became a $100 motor.

Of course, you could always get a junkyard one (provided it was less than $35) and use it as the core.....

Thanks!

Yep, she's shot. Permanently stopped at about 2 O'clock now. For a while if I jumped out and ran around and helped it get started it would work until I turned it off. Now it's just dead.

Price is WAY better than $270 from the dealer!!

Back