• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Really High Idle:

AdamGBabcock

NAXJA Forum User
Like 3000 high.

I searched the forums and didn't find any that sounded like my specific issue. Today when I started my XJ the revs were normal enough for me not to notice them. I drove about 10 miles to work and when I got the and put it in park, my idle was around 2-2.2k. I put it back in drive and it moved to about 1.2k and I had to apply the brakes much harder than usual because it wanted to drive away. I started it after work and it seemed normal. By the time I got home my temp was 3/4's the way up, oil pressure was at 1/4 and the idle was 3k. In drive the revs sat around 1.5k. I figure the temp was higher than usual due to it revving higher than usual the whole time. I don't know if they're connected but I just wanted to post my abnormalities in case they're related. I know there's a number of things that can cause higher RPM's but I am low on dollars and am hoping to hear from people who have resolved similar problems so that I don't go forking cash all over the place.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Check for intake leaks all around the manifold, injector seals, vacuum lines, loose throttle body.

you may also want to check your tps. there may be condensation in the connection

Back