• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC And Aux Fan Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 and never put the fan back on since I did the water pump in the winter Did not need. Today 90* out it did not break 210 till I let sit for a bit went to around 220 + I turned the air on and it just blew hot air and smelt funny never got cold It used to work and was damn cold. Will the ac work without the fan or is ther some kind of kill switch that stops it when there is no fan.

The hot air/funny smell sounds more like you may have burned the fan motor for the vents... are they only working on high now?

As far as the aux fan, put it back in. It's there for a reason, and especially if its hitting 90 and you want to run the A/C you need it so you don't overheat.

The tabs that hold it in place on the bottom broke off and thats why I did not put it back on. Will be trying to fix it in the morning. If it is the AC what do I check for

Does it work while moving? All the fan's going to do is keep the A/C cold while at a stop. If it's not cold while moving first thing I do is put a gauge set on and make sure both pressures, low and high side are the same with A/C off and approximately the same as ambient temperature Fahrenheit.

Put it in this morning and wow the AC works again There must be kill switch so if the fan don't work the AC don't work.

Thanks for the help

Back