• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj rear bumper blue prints/ plans

92XJBEASTMODE

NAXJA Forum User
during the last couple of days i have been fabricating a new rear bumper for my 92. i noticed that there were virtually no plans with measurements and materials anywhere on the net. SOOOO...... i have decided that i am going to release all of my material lists, measurements, notes, advice.. etc so anyone who likes the bumper i made can do so themselves. the blueprints should be up in 24 hours or so. get ready cause this thing is DOPE

I've always wanted a dope rear bumper.

'dope' is relative. building your own is usually the only way to get EXACTLY what you want. unless what you want happens to be mass produced (doesnt work for me)

Who cares,most on here want final product,grab a tape measure and build!You are definately not in the first "one" in a million to do this.If it comes out awsome pics would be great,otherwise this isnt rocket science or "how many ways can you build a bumper"!The most critical part is mounting and theres not many options there either!

Last edited:
hahahaha wally: although that is not what i meant, i think you may have stumbled across a phenominal idea for bumper design. drug smugglers rejoice.

rcp: why the negative waves my friend? im trying to do some rookies a solid. no need for the negativity hombre. anyway, you will see the finished product very soon. or if you like i can start with my photos so far and progress as the build winds to an end. either way, go have a beer and relax

I am in the process of making my own also, but havent cut it yet.. I have the dxfs done though to cut on the wj... Can you post some pics?? If yours is nicer I'll go that way!!!

Thx

i love homebrew stuff its the best in my opinion.. i build most of my own stuff but hgave been stuck on my rear for a minute or two... so it will be refreshing to see a cool idea... hope it has a tire carrier

its 70% done, looks sweet. ill post some pictures of the completed sides right now.
photo.php

take in mind, this is at night in my garage with a camera phone. more to come.

its 70% done, looks sweet. ill post some pictures of the completed sides right now.
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

You can't link to fb pics directly like that :( you're entering the FB image browser url into an img tag, won't work.

This link goes to the pic, I deactivated my fb account so I doubt it'll work for me but maybe someone else:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30956550&id=1028760846

(any chance someone who has fb can load that link, right click the image, click "copy image location" or similar, then paste the link here?)

EDIT: I love this idea, looking at building a custom rear tire carrier bumper sometime so I'll definitely have to steal your ideas. Are you going to make use of the hitch attachment bolt holes as well to spread the load a bit? The rear crossmember is not all that strong, the 8 bolt holes on the back of it just go to pressed-in nuts in tabs on the ends of the frame rails. Speaking of which, anyone who is running an aftermarket or custom bumper, make sure you have all 8 of those bolts installed and tightened down! If you don't, only 5 small spot welds hold the end of each frame rail to the crossmember! :shocked:

Last edited:
Back