• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration (HELP!!)

Fourxfour79

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,
I tried posting here about this problem before. I've been battling it for a while and tried a few more things since then. I've noticed it's gotten worse since too. I've got a bone stock 94 XJ I-6 auto. While driving at low speed there is a low speed wobble (I guess would be the best description). At higher speeds it really shakes the hell out of the jeep.
So far I've replaces the wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, transfer case (after it grenaded on me), the trans mount, the motormounts, the u-joints and driveshafts, wheels and tires (traded a case of beer for all 5 off a friends new wrangler when he upgraded to 35's), and rear axle (found a D44 I couldn't pass up).

My next move is maybe the front axle or the flywheel. Do either of these sound like a better suspect for the vibes? Next step may be the scrap yard LOL.

I did some searching but found no refference to a flywheel and vibration but my intuition tells me that it's a possibility. I could also use some advice on where to find U-bolts. Autozone and advanced don't seem to have the right sizes for my axle and I haven't found anyplace online that had what I needed. Thanks for any help.

Well, you could check the mounting of the steering box. There is an aluminum spacer in there that loves to fracture, and the bolts will on occasion break, and the frame can crack there too.

Back