• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Reverse Lights!

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ AW4 4x4 4.0

I had some codes on my jeep
P1491
P0130
P0136
P0705

I also noticed no reverse lights, so I pulled the NSS off and cleaned out the yellow grease. I sanded down the contacts lightly and put it all back together with dielectric grease.

Now the jeep starts in neutral and Park but still no reverse lights...I was hoping cleaning out the NSS would fix it...where else should I check?

For anyone that has this problem...I was checking some fuses about a month ago and must have put one in the wrong slot.

Fuse 10 didn't have a fuse in it at all...I just tossed the spare in there off of the little door and the reverse lights came on. I'm hoping this fixes all of my codes so I can move on to some other things that need fixed.

For anyone that has this problem...I was checking some fuses about a month ago and must have put one in the wrong slot.

Fuse 10 didn't have a fuse in it at all...I just tossed the spare in there off of the little door and the reverse lights came on. I'm hoping this fixes all of my codes so I can move on to some other things that need fixed.

Its the NSS, It needs to be cleaned. Go ahead and do that as a precaution.

Back