• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vapor Lock...causing codes?

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've had a check engine light on for about a month now in my 2000 XJ with AW4 and 4.0. I was having a problem with Vapor Lock and I ordered the factory fix, which helped because it hasn't done that since the installation of the boots on all 6 injectors. Well, I've been driving it and the CEL hasn't gone out. I also noticed I don't have reverse lights anymore.

I got the codes pulled today and I have codes...
P1491
P0130
P0136
P0705
(My Jeep does have Cali emissions)

What are those codes?

Anyone have a code chart for a 2k XJ?

Also is there anyway to pull my own codes?

I replaced the two downstream 02 sensors not long ago(within a year) because my exhaust smelled bad and the jeep has 94xxx on it.

You can Google for an "OBD-II trouble code" chart and decode them your self.

You can Google individual codes ( "Jeep P0130) and read about them.

You need to look for some blown fuses to the O2 sensors. The relay or wires for the electric fan has a problem also.

P0130 (M) 1/1 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction.

P0136 (M) 1/2 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction.

P1491 Rad Fan Control Relay Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the radiator fan control relay control circuit. This includes PWM solid state relays.

Fuse 10 was missing...I replaced it and all of my problems were fixed. My AC and reverse lights work again and my engine light has not come back on.

I wired up some fog lights to a factory fog light switch a while ago...I thought I blew a fuse, and I pulled a few out and put them back in to see if they were blown, well I must have put fuse 10 in an extra spot.

Thanks for the help!

Back