• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay ZJ tie-rod upgrade kit, anyone try it?

Heap O' Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for the cheapest steering upgrade possible for my 89' XJ w/4.5" lift and 33's and decided on the ZJ steering upgrade.

Unfortunately, all my local j-yards suck. They either have nothing available OR want an extreme amount of money for used parts. The best I found was $100 for a used V-8 ZJ steering assembly.

Looks like my best option is this below:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEE...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5588b760

Everything new for $100 shipped, sounds good to me :)

They seem to have a pretty flawless feedback, but I am curious if anybody else had tried this specific part setup.

Just a heads up for the ZJ upgrade. The only difference is the tie rod to the drivers side. Sux you cant get one locally from the JY. I got mine for 10 bux at our local pick and pull..

Looked over the available options and decided to go with the Ebay setup. Should be on the Jeep about this time next week so I will post back on the quality in case somebody else is interested.

Just a heads up for the ZJ upgrade. The only difference is the tie rod to the drivers side. Sux you cant get one locally from the JY. I got mine for 10 bux at our local pick and pull..

'89 came with the smaller drag link as well, so the ZJ drag link is thicker. Just make sure you've got toe adjusting sleeves for the ZJ stuff too if you get the tie rods and drag link.

that set up has alot of dead spots and feels kinda sloppy
Are you kidding??? How does a system that uses the same set up as stock just beefier do that? That is the exact system I use on mine and it blows the original out of the water! And Rompalicious had it to my door in 3 days for free!

Back