• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

towing a comanche with my XJ

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
im looking at buying a lifted manche off a buddy of mine, its got a blown motor which is why im gunna have to tow it. would there be anything i would need to be worried about when towing?

-ian

10 miles? Shouldn't be a prob. Since you are using a dolly, pull the rear shaft and you are good to go.

10 miles? Shouldn't be a prob. Since you are using a dolly, pull the rear shaft and you are good to go.

Yes, agree. Just allow extra distance/time for braking.

That's how I would do it.

In MOST cases in towing Drive (not OD) is where you want to be. But for larger vehicles actually equipped to handle loads depending on the terrain and other factors it is possible to cruise in OD.
But in this case definitely 3rd.. I do not see why you would be going fast enough in the city esp. towing a vehicle that you would need to use OD

could you not just put the tranfercase in nuetral and tranny in nuetral and be just as safe and save your self the trouble of pulling the drive shaft

im just alittle worried about driving from here (Atlanta ga) back to my home town (Howe, Tx) and jacking up my transmission dragging the MJ to my dads house. then later that week driving back to atlanta

Ian..
When ya get back and ready to do this let me know.
I can get a hold of a dolly so ya aint gotta rent one.
Be more than happy to help ya out.

Id like to see a picture of your XJ towing a lifted MJ!

Back