• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What can i do?

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
Can I do anything to help? I'm not familiar with Naches so leading a trail is out, and I don't plant tulips :laugh:.

My plan is to arrive noon-ish on Friday.

I'll be there on Thursday, but I was thinking it would be nice to get a few people assigned as Cleanliness Technicians. The last couple of years have left a sour taste in a few mouths, mine included, due to everyone leaving their trash assuming "someone" would clean it up. I would really like to see someone assigned to just remind people to leave their site cleaner than when they arrived. Maybe pass out trash bags. What do you think? Is that something you would be up for?

Rich

Sure, I'd be happy to hand out some trash bags and monitor the situation. I assume this is kind of a no tolerance policy? If someone leaves trash behind at the end of the weekend, are your comfortable with them being reported to the authorities?

That might be going a little too far. This will be a member's event so it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe just public humiliation. lol
I'll bring some yard bags to distribute. The main problem has been that the cleanup has been left to a few people that actually care and if we can get everyone on board with wanting to do the right thing, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

OK, sounds good. I'll pick up the heavy duty trash bags, it's the least I can do. My last post was a little too serious :), I was only half kidding :eyes:.

You guys rock!

As far as the garbage bags go, we can never have too many. However, National should be sending me a package shortly that is going to help out in this department. :cool:

As for other things we need help with...

I'm thinking we may need one or two people to help out with raffle ticket sales. This would be for an hour or two before dinner.

Maybe a few folks to help set up for the dinner/raffle. Hang signs, yard out raffle prizes, maybe help Rod set up the Team Challenge event.

I believe MuddyBeast volunteered to tally the votes for the trophy categories this year, so I'm holding him to that.

I'm still working on how "check-in" is going to go. My plan is to have all the paperwork (waivers, schedule, trail sign up sheets) at one designated place the entire weekend. This is where people can come and check in when they're ready, and we can do a quick once over of their rig to make sure it's ready for the trail.

I'm sure if Rod or I think of anything else we'll let you know.

Any help is appreciated.

I can bring a pop-up canopy and maybe a folding table and we can set out the sign-up sheet and trail info. When we are doing the welcoming we can just point them in that direction. ?

You guys rock!

I'm thinking we may need one or two people to help out with raffle ticket sales. This would be for an hour or two before dinner.
I'll be attending with my bro-in-law and we would be happy to do this. I have a portable picnic table i can bring for the raffle ticket booth or whatever. BTW, how much money should I plan on bringing for the raffle tickets?

I'll be attending with my bro-in-law and we would be happy to do this. I have a portable picnic table i can bring for the raffle ticket booth or whatever. BTW, how much money should I plan on bringing for the raffle tickets?

I wouldn't bring more than $5. :scottm:

I wouldn't bring more than $5. :scottm:
:bs:. Oh I see, you plan on saving all you money for that pleather jacket all the cool guys talk about?

BTW, how much money should I plan on bringing for the raffle tickets?

I normally give $50 for these Jeep raffles, and so far I think I've recovered the money spent from the value of the items I won. But obviously, you can donate/spend however much you want. I think I saw some people with rolls of tickets last year, it's all for a good cause.

And yeah counting tickets is no biggy. Just be sure to remind me. :looney:

~Scott

As for other things we need help with...

I'm sure if Rod or I think of anything else we'll let you know.

Any help is appreciated.

if you guys don't end up doing that, my girlfriend and her girlfriends will, people buy more from girls... I don't know why :viking:

if you guys don't end up doing that, my girlfriend and her girlfriends will, people buy more from girls... I don't know why :viking:

I agree, let the girlfriends do it. (That sounded a little dirty :sad1:)

Back