• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Bumper -- Or-Fab vs. JCR Offroad

zPike00EB

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking into a front winch bumper for my XJ for sometime now, and have narrowed it down to two:

JCR Offroad:
XJWinchBumperPrerunnerDesc.jpg

Orfab:
61009-lg.jpg

With gift certificates, they work down to be within 10$ of each other, including all fees and all accessories.

I like the tapered ends of the JCR, providing a better approach to tall obstacles, but I don't like the fact that I have to wait about a month to get it.

On the Or-Fab, I like how the lights can mount, and also the lightweight design. However, the ends of the bumper wrap around a bit too far for my liking, and seem as though they would get in the way of my 35s on 5.5".

Which one would you guys suggest? I'm pulling my hair out over here. :banghead:

I've searched through the forums, but haven't quite found exactly what I was looking for as far as pictures and reviews..

This one looks like it hangs lower to me..
61009-lg.jpg

It could just be the pic...But i have both of my jeeps running the JCR bumpers..Not the winch set up..

JCR better aproach angle, why would you want to have you winch fairlead as the first piont to hit a obstacle, poor design in my opinion

My vote is for JCR. I run their bumpers and love them. Only been on my jeep for a couple days but they totally change the look of it. The quality is second to none and customer service is great.

Here's a few pics of my JCR. As far as approach angle, I'm 5" ish on 32's and I've never had any issues with approach angles. The wait can kinda suck but it's definitely worth it

501541.jpg

2q029sg.jpg

Ultimately, a month means nothing to get the right product the first time. I would second the fact that the jcr would seem to have better approach and clearance, especially in front of the tires.

i have an or-fab. it sits pretty low. i bash the bottom a lot. i had to cut it where it wraps around because it rubbed so bad. i cut as far as i could but it still rubs some with my 35s. i think the or-f looks pretty badass though. but if i were to do it again i would go with jcr
IMG_6884-1.jpg

I also have the or-fab, I does hang very low and I'm also going to cut the same spots on the corner. The only major complaint is the powder coating it chips off very easy. with how much it costs the quality could be better. I'd go with jcr.

Couldn't be happier with my JCR winch bumper. I don't have a pre-runner but it does have a hoop. It's held up very well.

I too, don't care for the idea of powdercoating bumpers. It looks very snazzy when it's new, I'll give you that but, it's pretty hard to do a "touch up job" and make it look good. Rattle can all the way.............

Back