• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny ?

Which one?

Just kidding, whether it is the AX15 manual or the AW4 automatic they are both good transmissions.

The AX15 needs a yellow-metal safe lubricant--GL3, MTL 90, Pennzoil Synchromesh, and good quality 10w30 motor oil, or the very expensive Mopar gear oil.

The AW4 is Dex III, that is until Chryco decided in 2007 that it was OK to run ATF+4 in it--note that that decision was made 6 years after they stopped using the AW4.

does the 91 xj transmission give problems

Welcome to the club evroy5, my fellow OECS XJ'er. I am from Nevis. I am on Nevis for most of the last 4 years but my XJ is in Miami.

Next time you post to the forum(s) include more info about your XJ ie; year, engine, transmission, transfer case and anything else that will aid in providing you the help you need.

All transmission will eventually give problem given enough wear/miles or neglect. The AW4 is reputed to be one the better automatics available in the XJ. The manuals transmissionn I do not know.

Back