• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Troubleshooting Code 43?

nmcommando

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well I was driving my jeep and the check engine light came on and it's has been sucking gas like crazy ever since. So I ran the code and it gave me code 43 which is ignition control circuit--peak primary circuit current not respond properly with maximum dwell time and ignition coil number 1,2, or 3 primary circuits--peak primary was not achieved within the maximum allowable dwell time. What does this mean and how do I fix these problems. Thanks for the Help I searched all over for this and asked people but cant seem to find a solution.

This might be because people want more info than 'my jeep' in order to give good information. You know, things like which year, engine, and so on.

Suggest you read the stickies at the top of the forum.

We need the year model? OBD1(91'-95') code 43 is; "ignition control circuit not responding" which you already have retrieved.

If its a OBD2(96'-01') then we need more info.

It's a 97 five speed 4wd inline six. Sorry I keep forgetting about the different computers and all the info needed. Hope this helps you understand whats going on and what I need to look at to fix it. Thanks

You need to hook up a scan tool and get the code. It should be a "P0***" or something like that. According to my database a "P0043" code for a 97 OBD2 is "HO2S bank 1 sensor 3 heater circuit low".

Back