• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy 44, what is your pinion angle

jonzer12

NAXJA Forum User
Need some real world info here.

Waggy 44 lp 44 swap. Is anyone running one at 5.5-6.6 " of lift?

If so I am looking for some info,

What is your pinion angle,
How is it setup in relation to your driveshaft, or better yet can you post your pinion angle and your front driveshaft angle.

Thanks,

Basically I want to be able to figure out what my pinion angle should be for 5.5-6.5 inches of lift so I can avoid having to pull
my front axle and mock everything up. Jeep is DD and I can't afford the down time.

Angles are relative I think. I've read that for the rear, with SYE and CV shaft, pinion should be 1 deg lower than the drive shaft angle. This is true of the front too since the front is CV shft and no slip yoke. The liniting factor for the front is castor angle. Idealy you would want 5 degrees of positive castor. Hope that helps.

Thanks but I understand all that, what I want to know is what the ideal pinion angle ends up being between 5.5~6.5 inches of lift. I know wheelbase etc will affect it but i want a good idea so I can mock most of it up.

Tilt your axle so you have around 5 to 6 degress of castor then measure the pinion angle you will have. I know most have the cut and rotate the knuckles to get a proper pinion angle and caster. The syspension setup will effect the pinion angle to. With a radius long arm you need to point the pinion inline with the driveshaft. with a 3 of four link you will probably have it pointed down a few degress so through out syspension travel the pinion angle will be good. there are so many factors that it is hard to give you a angle to go by.

I did 16 degrees pinion and 5 castor.

This is my plan, open for opinions and advice.

If I get someone to give me a good idea of what the ideal pinion angle ends up being in the 5.5-6.5 inch lift range I can use that to go ahead with how I want to do the project.

1- ground out inner-C welds but do not rotate.
2- Set pinion angle to allow me to burn on coil buckets,trackbar brackets level plus burn in the 4 link mounts.
3- Get it under the jeep and fine tune pinion angle with my adjustable control arms.
4- Sledge hammer the inner-C's to get castor back and then pulll axle for final welding.

Viable plan?

This is my plan, open for opinions and advice.

If I get someone to give me a good idea of what the ideal pinion angle ends up being in the 5.5-6.5 inch lift range I can use that to go ahead with how I want to do the project.

1- ground out inner-C welds but do not rotate.
2- Set pinion angle to allow me to burn on coil buckets,trackbar brackets level plus burn in the 4 link mounts.
3- Get it under the jeep and fine tune pinion angle with my adjustable control arms.
4- Sledge hammer the inner-C's to get castor back and then pulll axle for final welding.

Viable plan?

:confused1

You need set your pinion angle before placing your brackets onto the axle. (i.e. coil buckets need to be flat, etc)

You won't have enough room to really weld your knuckles up with the brackets on there.

Back