• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker work party saturday!!!!

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
This weekend the DNR is hosting a work party up at Walker Valley ORV park in Mt. Vernon, here is the post from NWW:

No need to look purty...just show up...there is more to it than the dedication... 9:00 am ready to roll , no later than 9:15...
To fill folks in, Got a call from Jim Cahill, and yes there will be a dedication for the Volunteers of WV ORV...But, there will be a couple others things needing attention. He got a call from the higher ups, stated that there has been reports of water quality issues within the trail systems (both 4x4 and singletrack/quad)....there are only a couple spots on the 4x trails needing abit of attention...The idea is to show Olympia we care and take care of the trails BEFORE it becomes a mandatory temp closure until said repairs are done!!! The idea is to get this day's progress and repairs onto the DNR Blog, showing Oly we're taking care of it!!!
The plan is to have a trail run split into 2 groups, one heading up upper Mainline, the other up Lower Mainline----during this, the areas needing repair will get the attention they need (Bring appropriate gear...shovel, pickaxe,etc...), while pics and poss interviews are taken (Jim and Alyse are going to be running with the groups for this!!!)...once the minor repairs are completed the run continues with the two groups meeting at the "Washington Volunteer 4x4 trails area" AKA "The learning Center", where the dedication/official opening ceremony will take place....ALOT of hard work was put into this area and it's kinda nice to see we're being recognized...A big Thanks to all that have helped out in the last few years!!! Come on up!!! The more support we show, the better!!!
Thread: http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51919

-Alex

Thanks Alex for posting this.
I still have difficulty understanding how I don't get this information direct from the DNR.

Thanks,
Michael

And I can't attend. On duty through this weekend.

Same here. My on-call starts today at noon and goes till next Friday at noon.

Thanks Alex for posting this.
I still have difficulty understanding how I don't get this information direct from the DNR.

Thanks,
Michael
Hey Michael...Yeah, I also didn't hear about it directly either. Seems there needs to be a little better communication on their part when things like this come up....:(

Back