• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes

seabass1858

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a redily easy upgrade for my brakes. My plans are to run 35 in tires and 6.5in lift. I got lift and tires in garage but im thinking of starting with the brakes since i do a lot of city driving as well as hill side country. I will also be running 4.56 gears with a 8.25 29spline e-locker 4340 superior shafts . i already did the front with 4340 and an e-locker. I got 31s on nowbut i still need better brake in my opinion. i also have an sye and double carden 2 piece drive shaft that i machined myself, along with many other mods to the transfer case.

with this set up i need advise on the easiest way to got with up grading my brakes along with performance. i want bolt on though cause i dont want to take apart the front as much again.

95xj
np242, aw4, 4.0l
3.73 for now 4.56 future
d30hp 4340, d35c:( soon to be 8.25 with 4340

like i said i have all the parts i need brake though

Convert the rear end to disk brakes while it is out and go with ebc pads. The front there is nothing bolt up but you can throw in performance rotors and pads for a little advantage. Depending on year of your rig a wj booster and master cylinder may help. I also hear rumors that a chevy astrovan hydraulic booster could be used but don't know what would be involved.

ZJ rear disc swap! Search around as there is plenty of info here!

I will also be running 4.56 gears with a 8.25 29spline e-locker 4340 superior shafts .

Completely off-topic, but I didn't know there was an E-locker for the 8.25" axle... Is it new? I've searched off & on over the past couple of years, and haven't heard or seen any such thing. (I'm not saying I don't believe you, just the opposite, I'm hoping there is such a beast!)

Any info would be appreciated.

:)

If you can't afford disk brakes for the rear, get an extra set of brake shoes and install the long ones in place of the short ones so you have both long shoes on each side. This made a noticeable difference on my junk.

Back