• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woot! An XJ owner again

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking for a clean '91+ XJ to build as a budget wheeler, family wheeling rig, and shop rig, and this one just magically appeared yesterday. The plan is to have something that is daily drive-able, capable of taking the whole family out for some light wheeling, and help with a little shop promotion. Mods will include a mild 3" lift with some random parts that I have been stashing away, 31" tires, winch & bumper, lockers, etc. Stay tuned as this build will be happening VERY quickly.

001-13.jpg

002-12.jpg

Sweet! Will it be ready for NWFest?

in 6 months this thing will have a cage, v8 swap, frame stiffies, rock jock 60s, 39.5s, and be bright orange to match the sublime YJ. you northerners are never happy and cant leave well enough alone. haha

in 6 months this thing will have a cage, v8 swap, frame stiffies, rock jock 60s, 39.5s, and be bright orange to match the sublime YJ. you northerners are never happy and cant leave well enough alone. haha

Nah, a more-likely scenario would be that I'll get it all together and dialed in, and someone will shop up with a stack of hundred dollar bills looking for a rig that's ready to go, and I'll start over again. :D

It will get factory t-case and gas tank skids, and I'll be building a set of rockers, but that's about it.

Nice lookin rig!! So how do you mount up a factory skid on a rig that never had one?? I recently picked one up and there is no factory nuts to bolt this too! sorry for the highjack:greensmok

Test drive complete.

Rear diff. carrier bearings are noisy as hell, those will get replaced tomorrow. Gonna trim front flares, air dam, etc. tomorrow, and then prolly take it wheeling Saturday. :D

011-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-4.jpg

Good thrash Eli! :)

Back