• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swapping in power doors

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
so a piece of flyingd diamond plate hit my drivers side and tore off the mirror, i got a new set of doors to replace mine. my jeep is a 98 2 door, so i figured it would be a smart idea to pick both of the doors up since they were the right color and are pretty rare. the only problem is that my doors now are manual(electric mirrors though) and the new doors are full power everything is it a huge pain to swap them to full power, or should i swap the guts of the doors and keep the manual?

There are 3 options in the parts catalog - standard (all power accessories I think, since standard all-manual doesn't require a wiring harness), power locks, and power mirrors. The body wiring harness lists options for with or without power locks but no mention of power windows. You might get lucky, I say throw the new doors in with the wiring harnesses (unless the plugs just don't match up at all), if the locks and windows work, you're done, if they don't, swap the manual regulators on after the fact.

Back