• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leak on floorboard

tdr1213

NAXJA Forum User
I have a water leak thats coming through the cowling (wiper area) and puddling on the drivers side floorboard. Does anyone know why the cowling is slotted? I'm thinking of just covering it to keep the rain out.

Are you sure it is not through the window. I had to use some sealant on my front window as it was leaking very badly around it.

generally the air for the heater comes in through the cowl, you really don't want to cover it up. there are some joints in there, pull the cowl and reseal them, but my guess would be the widshield or A/C drain

Windshield gasket is where i would look...between the glass and the rubber.
I have had to seal mine and it took a long time to figure out where it was coming from.

But when I blew compressed air in the area when there was water, i could see it seeping through. It kinda of wicks through when sitting all night when it is raining.

Back