• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Flasher relay- with part numbers!

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Ive found a cpl threads but nothing current and nothing with a part # ?

I'm installing some small LED turn signals and tail lights and from what ive found, i need to swap out the flasher relay for an electric one for the turn signals. Ive narrowed it down to an EP37 or an EP50. problem is they are both almost $30.00 a piece. Seems kind of expensive IMO ? I know im not the first guy to do this... so is there a cheaper option ? or is $27 - $30 reasonable ?

Mine is a 1990 Limited (takes the 2 pin Wagner 224 and 552 OEM relays)

Thanks

Rod aka Mojo

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LED Flasher relay

Ive found a cpl threads but nothing current and nothing with a part # ?

I'm installing some small LED turn signals and tail lights and from what ive found, i need to swap out the flasher relay for an electric one for the turn signals. Ive narrowed it down to an EP37 or an EP50. problem is they are both almost $30.00 a piece. Seems kind of expensive IMO ? I know im not the first guy to do this... so is there a cheaper option ? or is $27 - $30 reasonable ?

Mine is a 1990 Limited (takes the 2 pin Wagner 224 and 552 OEM relays)

Thanks

Rod aka Mojo

http://www.amazon.com/Tridon-Electronic-Flasher-Terminal-lamp/dp/B00064LQLM

Thats still 26 bucks shipped!

found one at autozone a few minutes ago. FL32 - $9.99 each. now i can swap both the blinker and hazard relays for $20.00.

I'm happy now !

Thanks for the replies guys !

oh thanks for that info as well, getting ready to order some JCR taillight guards with LED's.

So do you have to ask the guy at auto zone for the part, or is it on the shelf? and does it definitely work?

oh thanks for that info as well, getting ready to order some JCR taillight guards with LED's.

So do you have to ask the guy at auto zone for the part, or is it on the shelf? and does it definitely work?

was on the shelf. I'll let ya know if it works for sure. Gonna run out to the shop tomorrow and try it out. Im pretty confident it will. Just not sure what the flash rate will be. I assume it is pretty standard....

Not on earlier models, at least. My 94 had a bimetallic strip flasher. I had to swap it for an electronic when I started towing a camper.

Mines a 90 and i had to replace both the blinker and hazard with an electric flasher.

Update: plugged in the new flashers today and it did solve the issue. So for future searches - the FL32 flasher relay for $9.99 from AutoZone will work for LED turn signals ! (at least it worked on my 1990 XJ)

Anyone know where this relay is located in a 1999 XJ? I think it's behind the knee panel below the steering wheel but still can not find it.

DSCF5363-1.jpg

Back