• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One ton turbo diesel toy/toy hauler

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
If you don't feel like reading everything just call me, my number's at the bottom of the description.

95 F250 converted to one-ton (F350), turbo, chip, lift, etc.

Engine/trans:
7.3 V8 diesel, 180k (will live to 400-500k)
SCA additives have been kept up on
Fairly new glow plugs, always starts up great even in the cold
5spd manual transmission
Garrett turbo
Edge Evolution chip... adds 100hp and 200ft-lbs
K/N cold air intake
Custom 5" turbo-back exhaust with polished stainless tip, dumps out right in front of the rear wheel
*I'llll have access to a dyno next week and I'll post up the numbers... should be atleast 500hp and 800ft-lbs minimum*

Suspension/unsprung stuff:
One ton springs
6" suspension lift
Goodyear MT 37x12.5 16.5 with most of the tread left... they handle well and are quiet on the road, but they have pretty good traction and durability off road too (I have 2 spares for it too)
Dana 60 solid front axle conversion with Warn hubs (stock comes with the Dana 50 TTB split front axle)
Sterling 10.25 rear axle (slightly bigger than a D60)
Axles have been regeared to a deeper gear ratio (not sure what exactly, but I can check if you want)
One ton springs + one ton axles + deeper gears = One Ton truck... so its basically an F350 now.

Towing:
Standard receiver hitch
Quick-detach 5th wheel in bed
Trailer wiring to both receiver and 5th wheel
Trailer brake controller mounted under the dash next to the PA/CB radio
Exhaust brake (really saves your brakes, I've found it very useful with heavy trailers and going down mountain passes)

Body:
Ext. cab, long bed (enough back seat for a carseat :thumbup:)
Two 18gal fuel tanks with locking caps
The inside of the bed is a pretty scratched up but that's the only part, the rest of the truck is very well kept.
Paint is in great shape... I wash, wax, and polish the entire truck every other week.
A few small dents, unnoticeable unless you know they're there and are looking for them.
Carr polished aluminum steps
Heavy-duty chrome rear bumper
Polished aluminum diamond-plate bed rails and tailgate.
The driver's side of the front bumper is a little bit tweaked and it's always bugged me, but if you stick a hi lift under it it should be alright.

Interior:
XLT edition... a bit more luxurious than the standard
Grey and charcoal colors
Dark tint on windows and on top of the windshield
Cruise control
Heater works great, A/C blows cold
Power windows/locks
Alpine head, can plug iPod/iPhone in and charge it while accessing the music on it from the stereo deck itself.
Custom sub box, I don't recall how big the sub itself is but I'm pretty sure the previous owner had it listed as a 15"
JL Audio amp... the sound system sounds amazing, I almost want to keep it but I don't want to do the work to remove it. My favorite part is that the sub isn't in the way of everything like most that I've seen are.
Cobra CB radio/PA system with dual antennas and speakers in the grill, both the CB and the PA work great

As of 2 weeks ago:
New brake rotors, pads, and fluid
Hubs and wheel bearings were removed, inspected, cleaned, and re-greased
New wheel studs and lug nuts
New oil and oil filter
Coolant was tested and it tested good, shouldn't need to be replaced anytime soon.
Did a 4 wheel alignment and balanced the tires (with beads, like Truggy's got)

The previous owner replaced the clutch and glow plugs shortly before I got it at the beginning of this year, so those should be good for quite a while.
I took this truck to Durango and back earlier this month and had no issues, it runs and drives great.

This is a great truck and I don't like to see it go, but I ship out in a few weeks and I'd rather have that other truck that I was asking about the wheels for sitting here waiting for me.
With the upgraded turbo, the chip, and the sound system, I'm asking $11k

720-220-3157 call or text, or pm.

More pics and whatnot here

100_2195.jpg

100_2194.jpg

100_2197.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious how you 4-wheel allign a vehicle with solid axle rear?.... :D

I copied most of it from my CL ad and on there I didn't wanna get any questioned about the alignment by the average craigslist idiot lol. I threw it up on a Hunter Hawkeye and all of the numbers were in spec so... :thumbup:

Lol. Craigslist idiot.

Well. Just so ya k ow. You can get a thrust angle allignment on a solid rear axle vehicle but not a 4wheel allignment. Just so ya know. :doh:

He did?

This is a great truck and I don't like to see it go, but I ship out in a few weeks and I'd rather have that other truck that I was asking about the wheels for sitting here waiting for me.
With the upgraded turbo, the chip, and the sound system, I'm asking $11k

Sorry Frank....... we're not taking any Moderator applications at this time..... :moon:

:D

Back