• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BWD Sensors?

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
Was on the OReilly's site and their BWD O2 sensor with limited lifetime warranty was $7 cheaper than the Bosch with one year warranty. I know the Bosch name is good, but am wondering if the BWD warranty means I'll spend a lifetime replacing it.

Thoughts?

I personally have no experience with BWD but I have had a couple of friends install their products with no issues. They are getting to be a pretty big aftermarket provider....

I don't think you'll have problems with either manufacturer's sensors.

Currently running their oil pressure sensor- as Advance was the only place in town with one on the shelf. The Check Gauge light has come on twice, as pressure fell off to 0, then popped right back up. The connection to the stock harness was a bit snug, and the connector didn't appear to be fully seated. Unplugged it, checked/cleaned the terminals, plugged it back in, been working normally since. I'm keeping a close eye on it, but at least this one works (99.99% of the time anyway) so far.

I don't buy regular maintenance items with "lifetime warranties".

I usually don't post negative things about companies, but I'll make an exception here and keep it short.
I've had nothing but problems with BWD sensors and switches. TPS, IAC, turn signal switch were the ones. I went through 3, yes three, turn signal switches in a week that were all defective (left blinker blinked both tail lights). When the parts store I was ordering them from also got fed up with them they ordered one in from another supplier (still BWD) and that was all right. I called BWD to express my concerns, spoke with "Rajesh" and got "Oh, we know there is an issue with those but it was to much work to find out where they are so we are waiting for them to come back from customers". Really, I kid you not. Just let the customer deal with it, nice. :rolleyes:
I also had an issue with the TPS and IAC that were BWD (after trying Crown and also having and issue), I promptly pulled them out tossed the out and went with Mopar units. No issues since.

Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll go Mopar and save the trouble. Hassle has a price too, right?

Back