• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Problem

wcbuyer

NAXJA Forum User
My front passanger power window on my '99XJ 4 door dropped about half way down while we were driving down the road. Had to hold the window closed with duck tape seeing how we were 2+ hours from home. The motor still works but will not move the window. If you put your hands on both sides of the glass you can raise and lower the window. Does this sound like a window regulator problem and if so do I need to remove the glass to replace the regulator?

Thanks

Charles
'99XJ

It is on track. I took the door panel off last night and looked. I am going to take the regulator out and check it tonight. The window is bolted to the regulator and will move up and down by putting your hands on both sides of the glass. Also the motor runs but will not move the glass.

Charles
'99XJ

Window regulator definitely. BOTH of my front windows let go this year. The passenger went first while I was 200 miles away at the beach, and the drivers side let go about a month ago. The part is about $100 from the dealer and they should have plenty in stock.

Be VERY careful installing the new one. The 1st replacement I got for my drivers side snapped the minute I tested it out after installing it.

Back