• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It was a good weekend

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Just got home. Unfortunately, I had to bail on the trail work in order to get home for Mom's Day.

Had a lot of fun this weekend. Deep Creek on Friday, John Bull on Saturday, and a Gold Mountain night run. I even won something at the raffle.

It was great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones. Thanks to Josh, Carol, Sequoia, Rick, Bonnie, and the people who graciously donated the raffle prizes.

Can't believe I forgot to take my camera.

Yep, I had a blast friday! Thanx for leading again, Johnny. Wish I could have stayed for Saturday, but I just couldn't figure out that idle issue and wanted to make sure I had time to get a tow home if need be. Hope someone got some photos of the Friday run...I too forgot my camera. Sorry to see your rearend got so abused, Dan. My girlfriend got a few shots at the waterfall on her phone, so I'll post up what I can when I get her around to emailing them to me. But no promises on the quality or quantity.

It was a good weekend indeed. I was only able to run on Saturday because I too had to get home for mothers day. It was my first Naxja event and i sure did enjoy it. Definatly going again next year. Thanks to everybody that made it possible! :D

I also had a blast, tired as hell and still gotta unload...

Photos and videos later.

It was a good weekend indeed. I was only able to run on Saturday because I too had to get home for mothers day. It was my first Naxja event and i sure did enjoy it. Definatly going again next year. Thanks to everybody that made it possible! :D

It was nice meeting you! But your rig is to damn clean, you need to get some dirt on it... :thumbup:

How did this happen on mothers day weekend? Bad planning? Routine?

I would have gone any other weekend

It isn't easy planning a weekend...I have planed alot of them..I know when my mother was alive she would have said go and have fun..We would do something later..
Glad to hear you guys had a great weekend..I'll try next year

How did this happen on mothers day weekend? Bad planning? Routine?

I would have gone any other weekend

ultimately, it happened because an underfunded campground and an extremely long winter caused the campground to stay closed longer than expected. As I recall, Mother's day was a major issue in the initial planning of the event, but as they say, poo happens, and it had to be moved to this weekend.

Thanks to all that worked so hard to make this weekend kick ass. Fun trails, new friends, and more sweet XJ's than one could shake a stick at.

Thanks again!

Yep, I had a blast friday! Thanx for leading again, Johnny. Wish I could have stayed for Saturday, but I just couldn't figure out that idle issue and wanted to make sure I had time to get a tow home if need be. Hope someone got some photos of the Friday run...I too forgot my camera. Sorry to see your rearend got so abused, Dan. My girlfriend got a few shots at the waterfall on her phone, so I'll post up what I can when I get her around to emailing them to me. But no promises on the quality or quantity.

Was wondering what happened to you. I take it that the TPS wasn't the issue? The night run wasn't the same without you. :p

Was wondering what happened to you. I take it that the TPS wasn't the issue? The night run wasn't the same without you. :p

Nope, was some kind of mechanical failure in the IAC. I bought a TPS at napa and it didn't make a difference, so I returned it and they were rather hesitant to take an electrical part back, so I didn't want to try my luck with an IAC when I knew I had one sitting at home. Not to mention, it tested ok with a multi-meter so I figured it was likely to be something else.

Anywho, I'll be more prepared next year...and I'll make sure the gf has something to do so I can bail on her at night . =) On a side note, Ironman 2 is a pretty decent flick. =D

....Sorry to see your rearend got so abused, Dan....

OK, no jokes guys.

It was just the lower quarter panel, no big deal. Time to cut and fold. Anyway, we figured you bailed because of the idle problem. Next time, Mike

I would like to thank everyone who put this event together, I had a great time. Thanks to all the leaders and spotters as well.

danwho, it was great talking to you/wheeling with you. I'm glad you talked me into doing deep creek, and I'm glad you got your jeep off the side of that hill with no major problems.

xj4trails, thanks for donating the certificate that I won. I will be contacting you at shaver jeep as soon as I figure out what I need. I'm sure I'll run into you at a C.I.4x4 event eventually.

johnnie walker, It was nice meeting you and I'll let you know if I ever make it up to pismo.

cracker, The mj is awesome

jeepgod, that is one of the cleanest xj's I've ever seen.

Karen, It was great meeting you. thanks for feeding me thursday night.

easy, julio, jose, souske, souske's friend with the yj who's name I forgot, and max... It was great hanging out with you all.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who was there. It was great meeting new people. This was my second year at socal fest and everyone always makes me feel welcome in the club. Last year, I was running stock. now I'm lifted on 32's.... next year... who know's how my Jeep will be?

Yeah Ryan, you did great for being open/open. Just goes to show what incredible vehicles these are. Look forward to wheeling with you again.

I had a blast too. Friday's run to find Motino was frustrating but fun. Sat's gold mountan/ JB run was great! I had to go home early sunday cause the misses wasnt feeling well. See you all again soon.

Yeah I had a great time too, sadly I only made it up for the run on saturday and had to get back into town.. maybe ill camp it out next year :)

Thank you to everyone for making it a great event... it's what we're all about!!

It was great getting to put some faces to some names, seeing old friends, and hanging out & riding bitch with a variety of folk (Thanks Geoff, Josh, & Max for putting up with me & my dog, and thanks to those that provided seats for my daughters, too!).

I'm bummed that my XJ got grounded for the weekend after the weird & persistent overheating probs on the road up on Thurs, but it truly appears (so far) to have been the radiator cap failing. I made it home, towing the "Egg" Burro trailer myself, and had zero problems even on the uphill grades.

I love that Steve (91Blackbox)'s first comment when I told him I'd been towed up the 18 due to overheating was "Why didn't you call me??? I would've come helped you!!". Hadn't ever even met him before, though we'd texted back & forth about parts trains...

Thanks again, Sean (Souske) for dragging the Egg up to camp for me, and being willing to drive it home for me. And thanks Markw for being willing to trailer my rig home if it'd needed it.

And thanks to all that came by to see if they could help with Cali's problems, too! Made for a conversation center, at times; kinda like a campfire, with heat but no flames (thank goodness!)

And hats off to the smartasses that commented about how you're supposed to get towed home from an event, not arrive on a towtruck!!

Thank goodness for AAA (but wow do they need to figure out locations up there!! How can they take almost 2 hours to figure out "we're 6 miles east of Rimforest, between there & Snow Valley, on Highway 18...it's 3 Cherokees & a small camping trailer on one of the turnouts on the south side of the highway, it's 11pm & we have hazard flashers on".

And here's to next year, and hopefully getting to wheel my own junk up there again!! It's a great event that let me enjoy myself immensely even without a wheelable rig.

Ok, I'll shut up now. But just for a little while =)

Thank goodness for AAA (but wow do they need to figure out locations up there!! How can they take almost 2 hours to figure out "we're 6 miles east of Rimforest, between there & Snow Valley, on Highway 18...it's 3 Cherokees & a small camping trailer on one of the turnouts on the south side of the highway, it's 11pm & we have hazard flashers on".

Because that puts you on the 330, which everyone and their mother knows is closed for construction..... duh:phone:

Carol, sorry if i was cranky sunday am, but we went to party with Skwerly, and you know how that goes........:roflmao::roflmao::moon::scared::cheers::smoker::scottm::skull2:

Back